Hi, my name is Fessey83! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fessey83!

Fessey83
Fessey83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello all. My name is Ayden. I am new to the community. I have had severe ADHD and ODD since a child and have always struggled. I was diagnosed in 1996 but slipped through the net regarding treatment. My life has been a disaster of trouble with money, the Law, relationships and depression. My oldest son was diagnosed in 2015 with the same condition and has been on medication since 2016. My wife happened to mention to his consultant that I display all the trademark symptoms of the disorder and was advised to get me an appointment with the mental health services for an assessment. I had the assessment and to my disbelief they had notes from CAMS in 1996 where 2 top consultants diagnosed me with complex ADHD, safe to say I was diagnosed with adult ADHD immediately. I am on Medikinet twice daily now and seem to be doing ok. I have felt very alone all my life, I’m 35 and lived with this without medication and this has caused me massive problems throughout my life. Severe depression, Anxiety, wanting to die everything. My life is a complete mess through the disorder and it makes me angry that people knew in the CAMS services but nothing was done in 1996 to save all this misery in later life. 
Sorry to moan and go on but this is my introduction and transparency. Thanks for taking the time to read. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fessey83

Good Evening & Welcome ??

I’m very very sorry ? to read your post & what you have been through to date!!!!!!!!

You have now come to a place where we will give you as much “support/help/advice” as you need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please let me know if you need a hand navigating around our community/site??????

• Fessey83
    Fessey83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Steve. Thank you for the kind reply. It’s good to know I’ve finally found a community that can help me with any problems of normal day life! And I could possibly help others too. Respect mate ??
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fessey83

No probs mate!!!!!

Yes you will love your new family!!!!!!!

If you need a hand please please let me know ??????????!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fessey83, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. You're among others who understand here, so do get involved with our discussions and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness