Esa Question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Question

Options
Nikki8577
Nikki8577 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi all. 
Quick question regarding ESA

applied in October assessment phase. Assessed on 1st December found out yesterday support group. However it’s dated from 17th December and payment changes 24th december.
Lady on phone told me it was assessed from 1sr December as support group and I’d get a back payment however the letter confirming contradicts this?
My assessment phase was I believe until 17th so they have kept me on assessment past my actual award date.
Is this normal??   

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Assessment phase is 13 weeks and you won't be paid any extra money until the 14th week of your claim. Count back the weeks from the time your ESA started and you'll know your answer. Without exact dates it's impossible to help further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you applied on October 1st then you won't be paid the extra money until approximately 7th January.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Nikki8577
    Options
    7th October I believe. Letter says 17th December. I got a 3 month sick note on the 8th Oct which was due to run out 16th December. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means that you won't be paid any extra money until at least 13th January. As i said there's a 13 week assessment phase.
  • Nikki8577
    Options
    So the letter saying 24th means what 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2018
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.