0 points for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

0 points for PIP

Options
lozziep28
lozziep28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in July this year after a whole year of tests. I applied for PIP in September as I am really struggling with most elements of daily living and having alot of mobilty issues.I went to my assesment in October which was ok,but this week I received my decision letter and scored 0 on all of the descriptors. I was very unhappy with this as I feel I have just been judged on that 1 hour assesment and not how my illness affects me on a day to day basis. They pretty much said because I looked well and was well kept and nourished then I can pretty much manage. Also they said cause I walked to the room which was 18 metres away I was able to get around by myself. They couldn't take into account all the things o couldn't do like walk my kids to school because I can't even get down the stairs in my flat with getting exhausted. I also advised that I was attending a pain clinic but they said I was not receiving continuous care. There was so many things I did not agree with and would like to know people's thoughts on this. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.