PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

0 points for PIP

lozziep28lozziep28 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in July this year after a whole year of tests. I applied for PIP in September as I am really struggling with most elements of daily living and having alot of mobilty issues.I went to my assesment in October which was ok,but this week I received my decision letter and scored 0 on all of the descriptors. I was very unhappy with this as I feel I have just been judged on that 1 hour assesment and not how my illness affects me on a day to day basis. They pretty much said because I looked well and was well kept and nourished then I can pretty much manage. Also they said cause I walked to the room which was 18 metres away I was able to get around by myself. They couldn't take into account all the things o couldn't do like walk my kids to school because I can't even get down the stairs in my flat with getting exhausted. I also advised that I was attending a pain clinic but they said I was not receiving continuous care. There was so many things I did not agree with and would like to know people's thoughts on this. 

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.