Update on DWP complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on DWP complaint

jenn2008
jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
so after putting my complaint into the DwP and promised a full investigation and a response by the 20th December their response consisted of an apology for minor administration mistakes and no mention of the issues raised in my complaint. The letter states if I am still dissatisfied with how my complaint has been handled I can write to the director General within 6 months, absolutely unbelievable. It’s going to be a long process 

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • jenn2008
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    As a veteran of DWP complaints I can confirm it's nothing personal, they do that to everyone. At least you got a response!
  • jenn2008
    I originally made my complaint in July and dispite a number of letters I heard nothing, I wrote to 10 Downing Street with my complaint who then forwarded it to the dwp in which the dwp then said they would investigate my complaint by 20th December yet they have not acknowledged my complaint at all. 
  • axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I had to get my MP involved last time to get a response. For anyone who is struggling to get a complaint to DWP dealt with, although you can't generally involve the Independent Case Examiner until you have a final response, they will give DWP a hefty prod if they're not responding at all.
  • jenn2008
    So after being promised a full investigation by the dwp and a response by 20th December in which the response only apologised for minor administrative mistakes the DWP then informed me that no complaint had actually been logged even tho Downing Street had forward my complaint to the Dwp asking them to respond. The dwp then said my complaint is now being dealt with and then received a quick response to say they had fully investigated my complaint in which a short letter said after a full investigation they found that the dwp had not been at fault even tho evidence shows they were wrong.  they did not answer any questions raised  in my complaint or explain anything and said that if I was not satisfied to write to the director general, I did this and was told I should receive a response by 25th January yet I have still heard nothing. The DWP are a joke! 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @jenn2008 I'm sorry to say this, but the DWP are all for passing the buck in hope you give in, they make these processes long in the hope you do.

Another tactic is they will never admit the truth even if it's the truth, they are best known for telling and spinning many lies.

So, what I'm saying is they will never admit the truth because these Tory's are a dam discrace and need to be removed ASAP.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• jenn2008
    @Government_needs_reform
    so true however I don’t intend to give up 
  • jenn2008
    Update on my PIP complaint, today I received a letter from the DWP with regards to my complaint, however despite that it was addressed to me it was with regards to an ESA complaint, one in which I had not made and did not tally with any of my claims so obviously sent me a complaint reply that was clearly meant for Someone else. Incompetent clowns 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    What need to do now is, sanction them, leave the staff who failed to meet the descriptors of your complaint without any money to live on. That i'll teach em not to mess about in future.  :smiley:
  • jenn2008
    Well new update as not posted for a while. My original complaint against Atos in 2016 has still not been resolved and is still with the independent case examiner and have recently been told that is still going to take some considerable time. My other complaint with Dwp has also still not been resolved and is with the independent case examiner who said are looking at least 18 months plus. I have been in touch with my local MP and my complaints are now on its way to the Parliamentary ombudsman. 3 years plus following the correct complaints procedure and still no out come is just ridiculous 

Brightness