PIP Tribunal Cancelled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Cancelled

Options
NannaP
NannaP Community member Posts: 44 Connected
Evening everyone.

I have been waiting almost 40 weeks for pip tribunal. As yet again mobility reduced to standard. I had a call yesterday afternoon from Pip saying they have decided I should never of had mobility taken off me and Would I be willing to stop the tribunal and they will immediately reinstate mobility. She apologised for the long wait. I said I would take the offer. Very surprised I have heard of people getting phone calls but never thought I would receive a call. 
Now time to relax and put all paperwork away until next time lol.
Good luck to everyone who is fighting pip. 
Nan Px

Comments

• NannaP
    Options
    Back to enhanced & 3 years. 
  • NannaP
    Options
    I have degenerative that will only get worse. I think she said it will be 3 years before next assessment. I was on dla high rate mobility. Went over to pip and lost it went to first tribunal won and back on enhanced back in2016. Review early 2018 lost enhanced was waiting for tribunal date. Then had phone call. 
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi all .The same thing happened to me I started my pip at the start of the year and now going to a Tribunal hearing which I have no date for as the first time I got it will be in the next 2 months in june at that time I still had no word so got back on to them and got it will be in the next 37 to 39 weeks and that is on top of the 2 months up to the end of  june and that's the start for it and that will be in the next 37 to 39 weeks so that will be 45 weeks at the best if no more weeks are put on and there is still no help from the dwp
  • NannaP
    Options
    My first tribunal wait time was 8 weeks. I have already waited 39 weeks. I was told 37 then 39 weeks to wait. Lets hope you get a call from them
  • NannaP
    Options
    She said I could refuse and still go ahead with tribunal.  
    But i'm hoping now I can relax a little and not worry about how much longer and the stress of a tribunal. Fingers crossed my PTSD might calm down too
  • NannaP
    Options
    But I got what I wanted and that was  enhanced mobility. There's nothing more they can give or I could win 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    NannaP said:
    Back to enhanced & 3 years. 
    3 years based on my experience is quite normal.
  • NannaP
    Options
    Yeah I thought it was about right. Its a year more than last review 
  • NannaP
    Options
    My last tribunal was for a 2 year award. I've only known peeps with things like ocpd ect get 10 year award. 
  • Yadnad
    Options
    NannaP said:
    But I got what I wanted and that was  enhanced mobility. There's nothing more they can give or I could win 
    If you have a lifelong and degenerative condition it was likely the tribunal would have given a 10 year/ongoing award. That’s why you got the offer.
    But don't you have to have enhanced both plus the degenerative condition? Well that's how I read it  maybe I am wrong. 
  • NannaP
    Options
    I won't get better. And with all reports they can see how it has got worse. My main condition is spinal plus other bits and bats. 3 years is the longest I have had. 
  • Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    Options
    NannaP said:
    I won't get better. And with all reports they can see how it has got worse. My main condition is spinal plus other bits and bats. 3 years is the longest I have had. 
    Likewise me too. I have a lower spinal injury and have only had 3 year awards. A point to mention is that with any length of award apart from a 10 year one given by the DWP, you will be reassessed again 12 months before the end of the award. A 3 year award means 2 years. 
  • NannaP
    Options
    Yeah I will be be accessed in 2020 & not 2021. I didn't know that. It doesn't surprise that they don't mention that.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.