The dwp how you don’t stand a chance - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The dwp how you don’t stand a chance

13»

Comments

• judy21
    judy21 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    So does everyone score 0
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    judy21 said:
    So does everyone score 0
    No, absolutely not. Lots of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems. Trouble is we don't often hear about the good stories. Mostly on an internet forum you'll hear the bad. If someone has an award they're happy with they have no questions to ask, so we don't hear their story.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi cristobel
    I like it when people share their stories even if it is about themselves including yourself. This gives others on this forum support, life experiences and information they are looking for because some people can not access advice  etc because they are housebound or can not face asking for help! Please do not keep quiet you are a valuable member of scope and I like to read others stories.
    Hope you have a great christmas and a happy new year!

• justg72
    Hi Judy21
    Just to answer your question scoring 0 is no not everybody get scores this my other PIP assessments I have been awarded enhanced rate for both. So it just shows that the HCP's do not always get it right and that there is inaccurate reports been written.
    Merry xmas and a happy new year 
  • judy21
    Ah ok my face to face report was
    nothing like if wad I actually tjought they had mixed my forms with someone else and scored 0 on everything just waiting for the review to come back Has been9 weeks 
  • justg72
    Hi Judy21
    I had the same experience as you my F2F assessment report was totally different. Questions were answered but was never asked I had taken a family member with me to the assessment as I do not go out by myself because of my epilepsy and when they read the report they said that there must be a mistake. They said that they were sat in a different assessment as what it states in the report is not true, they thought that they must have had the names mixed up and made a mistake. I am now going to a tribunal. I hope you get good news. 
    Merry xmas and a happy new year 
  • judy21
    They say they have abig backlog I applied July 1st think the way they handle it doesn’t help I’m so skint at the moment and couldn’t work mentally or phisically thank you for your help merry chritmas to you to 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    judy21 said:
    So does everyone score 0
    No, absolutely not. Lots of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems. Trouble is we don't often hear about the good stories. Mostly on an internet forum you'll hear the bad. If someone has an award they're happy with they have no questions to ask, so we don't hear their story.
    Well said Poppy. That applies to lots of things - people don't tend to give positive feedback as readily as negative. 

Personally I make an effort to try and see the whole picture. My 'beef' has always been with the assessment provider and, it now seems, their dodgy software. I have never had anything less than great service from DWP whenever I have contacted them - and I've told them so......
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    justg72 said:
    Hi All
    I have been reading all the posts above and parts are about the computer software which is used in an assessment. Well all I can say is that this wasn't relevant in my assessment and all the other people who had their assessments that day because all the computers were down and your form and evidence wasn't available. So I scored 0 for both. I was told it doesn't matter if the computers are down! so this has opened my eyes on computer software and my score.  
    It doesn't matter if the system is down, the report is eventually completed using the system. It may well be that it was written up on the system days or even a week later.

• Yadnad
    edited December 2018
    judy21 said:
    So does everyone score 0
    No not at all. The greater percentage of PIP applicants actually receive an award. It may well be that the award offered falls below what the claimant expected. The claimant then has the choice to just accept it or ask for a MR/appeal.

As poppy says - forums like this one gives a skewed view on it as most people on here, despite being in the minority of claimants, have had problems with their claim.

As an example I have had 3 face to face assessments for PIP in the past 5 years and all three came back with 0 points. But you must remember that people like me, you etc, are in the minority.
  • judy21
    Well awaiting results of review ?
  • justg72
    Hi Yadnad
    My report was written when the computers were down as I have a letter stating this. There are so many errors with the whole PIP process with myself from start to finish. The DWP even wrote to my MP and said that I had been awarded enhanced for care which was untrue. Theres many more errors so I think that I have been treat unfairly. Lets see what happens when I go to a tribunal, I have had people look at my case and have been told its very strong and I should win it, however I have lost faith in the whole system as the errors made in mine are unbelievable I have written proof. I have worked previously in a professional job in education until my health prevented me and all I can say is if I had made all these errors, I would have been sacked!
    Merry christmas and a happy new year!
  • Yadnad
    justg72 said:
    Hi Yadnad
    I have worked previously in a professional job in education until my health prevented me and all I can say is if I had made all these errors, I would have been sacked!
    I agree with you.
    I have been retired now for 10 years and worked both for the government as well as in private practice.
    If the standard of reporting in my day had been as shambolic as it is now, many heads would have rolled - either by way of a transfer out of the department, demotion or if that poor of standard was the norm then they would have been sacked as incapable of carrying out their duties.
    Unfortunately we live in a different world now where accuracy and taking responsibility for one's own actions has almost disappeared.

If I had taken a written statement from an individual and it was full of these ridiculous errors that are happening now, I would have had the High Court demanding explanations.

Even the Tribunals today seem to accept that the assessor reports are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Yet no one is being held to account. Result: carry on regardless as no one is really that bothered as to who says what and why.  

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.