ESA under payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA under payments

ladywear09
ladywear09 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I received a letter along with a large form to fill in. It said they needed information from March 2013 . I rang to ask what this form was about and told I should fill it in as I quite possibly have been underpaid when I was switched from Incapacity Benefit &DLA.  I was put in contribution based support group. I told them I don't think this is right as I have a widows pension coming in (my husband died 2008). They said makes no difference fill in form.  Can anyone advise please what I have been under paid. I was on low rate care DLA and high rate mobility. I live alone but do have a pension. Is it really worth filling in this big form . Thxs

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The form is for those that transferred from Incapability benefit to ESA and not to DLA.

Any pension you receive will count as income £1 for £1 when calculating any Income related top up on the ESA. However, it's impossible to give you a definite answer for the whole of those 5 years on an internet forum. The best thing you can do is fill the for in and return it. DWP will the assess you correctly for any income related top up. Decisions can take 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ladywear09
    Thank you. Yes sorry I was on incapacity benefit. Ok I will fill in the form  it's just I have ME and it's absolutely exhausting filling in forms unless absolutely necessary. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I realise those forms are a nightmare to fill in but with very little information it's impossible to answer your question on an internet forum. The only ones to tell you for sure are DWP. Make sure you put down your pension details and any other income you have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ladywear09
    When I spoke on phone to DWP  the lady said I could have missed out on some premiums one for £16.40 . I told her about my pension and she said it doesn't matter. I have no clue what they mean. I have asked for help filling in my form and it's finished this morning. I told them I don't have any incomes only my widows pension which because I claim benefits they should already know about. However I have included all the details. I can't see how I have missed out on benefits if I have a pension coming in. I was never allowed council tax relief . Anyway see what they say. Nothing to loose by filling in the forms only  my energy!!! Thank you very much for you input I appreciate it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.