Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is kindkazzie!

Our neighbour has been saying bad things about us on face book, as a result we have had our car tyres cut and crude words scratched on our car, she also said we are noisy and arguing all the time, she claims my husband is a peeping tom and she has put a fence up on our wall without permission, she has blocked a right of way, although hardly used but should a fire occur, it would obstruct firemen, she dismantled our dry stone wall to do this leaving it dangerous for our dog. I suffer from bi polar disorder, fibromyalgia depression and anxiety. I am afraid of going out on my own as this woman is obsessed with what we do etc. All this steamed from a private conversation to a saffa worker about myself but this woman turned it all around by saying I'd said our neighbour was only suffering from a bit of arthritis. What I said was, yes she is a nice woman but unlike me with arthritis, fibro etc, she has big problems, now both of them are plotting against us, resulting in me having the mental health team and doctor involved in a crisis with me two weeks on Friday. Please does any one understand what I am trying to say.? If it's confusing, I get brain fog at times. Sorry.


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kindkazzie Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.  You do not have to apologise. You have done nothing wrong.

    Sorry what you are going through. I am sure we as a community can and do understand. Offer what help, advice that you need.

    Most of important in matters effecting neighbours is to document any evidence or events. Use a diary. I know this is hard and difficult to write down.

    I do think this needs to be addressed to the police because some of the events are bordering on harassment. Need to be dealt with by legal means.

    Parties are involved as you have said including medical teams.  You need also to inform then your housing providers. If this person is causing problems for you. With evidence from your diary . Should be proof enough for action to be taken.

    One other suggestion is to speak to CAB.  Who might advise the course of action to continue.

    Understand. I have had similar incidents myself. Having suffering at the hands of neighbours. Because I am disabled.  Had then an addiction history.  

    Did the right thing report many incidents, documented and gave the evidence to Police and housing providers.  So eventually had to move.

    Sorry to tell you that . If this is harming, hurting you as it would any body. Then you need to consider moving.

    Having moved five times in twenty years plus.  Had and do have much sympathy for you.  That is the choice you have to decide.  If it effected my mental health have to move. One place stayed in only eighteen months .

    Hope that helps.

    Please take care.


    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kindkazzie

    Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!

    I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems!!!!!

    You really need to contact the police
    👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️👮‍♀️ and have everything on there “books”

    Can I please ask if you live in your own house 🏠🏠🏠🏠

    Do you rent you property??????

    Are you living on a council estate???

    So for all the questions but I am thinking what is the best way forward for you!!!!!!

    Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you further with??

  • kindkazziekindkazzie Member Posts: 2 Listener
    No problem Steve51. We live in rented accommodation, private that is. This person has done what she wanted, I have let her mess with my head, now I am scared of my own shadow,.
  • steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kindkazzie

    That’s great 👍 👍👍

    “Ok” can you contact who you rent from
    for there advice ????

    Do you have a local “CAB” as they will be able to help??

    Please please don’t let them get to you as that is what they “want”

    You really need to contact the police before things get out of hand!!!!!!

    Please please let me know if I can help you further????

  • Antonia_AlumniAntonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,781 Pioneering
    Hi @kindkazzie

    Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story with us.

    I am sorry to hear what you're going through with your neighbour, this sounds very unpleasant.

     As the @steve51 and @thespiceman has suggested; keeping a diary of events is important, it is probably best to involve the police and please contact your landlord or housing association (who can take action against your neighbour also) and your local authority.

    Please let us know how it goes or if you have any questions :)

  • blue_zebrablue_zebra Member Posts: 74 Connected

    i do hope we can offer advice to help you with your situation which I imagine isn't easy especially this time of year. Reaching out is always good and we will help advice you the best we can. 

    Welcome me to our community! 

    Kind regards

    💙  @blue_zebra 💙
    Community Champion 


    ♿️💪🏻 EDSWarrior 💪🏻♿️

Sign in or join us to comment.