Worried about losing ESA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about losing ESA

Comments

• charlie79
    charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    if you do have to go to the assessment take some one with you you trust. Going on your own goes against you. do not go dressed to the nines  dress how you would on a normal day. Also get a taxi and say the person who was with you booked and planned the journey. 

• charlie79
    I used to work in a doctors
  • poorsoul
    poorsoul Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Whatever happens I wont be going I already told them this whatever will be will be I may be another death due to these wrong decisions just a stastistic ignored by the tory government.

• Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Would you be able to get a taxi? If you call the assessment centre and agree it beforehand they will reimburse your costs for a return journey if you keep the receipt. Sorry if that isn't much help but it might be easier than using public transport if it comes to it.
  • poorsoul
    I am not going I dont care what happens I dont really care if I die I will be away from the world and my anxiety depression and everything else it just does not matter anymore if the dr cant help me I dont want to be alive

• charlie79
    Fight i have respect for you posting on this forum. Your someones morning smile. Believe in yourself. Even my cat agrees lol. keep smiling and just message me on forum even if i cant help ill try my best
  • poorsoul
    I will do what I can the dr the cab the mandatory reconsideration and the appeal if necessary its harder every time these assesments happen and the pressure is immense.They have been told to get the numbers down and we are seen as easy targets.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you contacted the health assessment providers and told them you're unable to attend the assessment centre and would like a home assessment? Also contact your GP for a letter of support for the home visit.

If a face to face assessment is needed then you'll need to attend. Failing to attend will mean your ESA could stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poorsoul
    I will be going to the dr in order to get aletter of support for a home visit due to health issues I am unable to travel as I stated in the form that wont change.Thank you to all who have replied for your advice.
  • charlie79
     I got a GP Letter stating i needed a home visit tell the dr to put on it you suffer anxiety depression agoraphobia ect this will also be medical evidence to back your case. It's important to state these things. It will justify a home visit. Always send copy or drs letter and keep original in case they mislay or lose evidence. x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I hope everything goes well @poorsoul

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    poorsoul said:
    I am not going I dont care what happens I dont really care if I die I will be away from the world and my anxiety depression and everything else it just does not matter anymore if the dr cant help me I dont want to be alive

Hi @poorsoul
    I am so sorry to hear how much you are struggling right now, you are a member of our community and we care.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org 

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poorsoul
    I have visited the dr today sadly the policy is they no longer do letters of support as it was taking up to much of there busy schedule.The dr saw how worried I was and said that she will contact the dwp and try to arrange a home visit for me.That has eased my worries for the moment thanks for your concern.I would like to wish everyone at scope a happy new year for 2019 and will let you know when I hear more from the dwp regarding a home visit.
  • poorsoul
    charlie79 said:
     I got a GP Letter stating i needed a home visit tell the dr to put on it you suffer anxiety depression agoraphobia ect this will also be medical evidence to back your case. It's important to state these things. It will justify a home visit. Always send copy or drs letter and keep original in case they mislay or lose evidence. x I believe they deliberately mislay lose evidence and even claim no letter or fax was sent they are some low life in high places that do that type of thing.

• poorsoul
    I got a letter from the DWP today stating that due to the medical evidence provided by my Dr I have been granted a home visit.More information about this will be given to me in due course needless to say im delighted with this news although still anxious about the interview I dont have to leave my house,
  • poppy123456
    Glad to hear that. A home visit assessment is the same as if you're going to one of their centres. The only different is that it's in your own home. It's not a good or bad thing. They will ask you questions about your condition and how you're affected. You'll be assessed on your ability to do any type of work.

While the HCP is in your home you'll be watched from the minute they arrive, so be aware of that. Have someone with you for support as that can help. You will need to answer all the questions yourself though. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poorsoul
    I live with my parents and I have a voice recorder app installed on my phone which I will use to record my interview in case needed for appeal.This along with support from my Dr should hopefully be enough to keep my ESA.I will keep using the forum for support and lnform scope of how I get on when the dr from dwp has done the assessment.
  • poppy123456
    poorsoul said:
    I live with my parents and I have a voice recorder app installed on my phone which I will use to record my interview in case needed for appeal.This along with support from my Dr should hopefully be enough to keep my ESA.I will keep using the forum for support and lnform scope of how I get on when the dr from dwp has done the assessment.
    Please do not use your phone. If you use your phone to record the assessment and they catch you doing this, the assessment will be stopped, your file will be returned to DWP and you'll likely be refused that benefit. You will also not be able to use that recording at a Tribunal.

My advice to you is if you're going to record it is to get permission before doing so. They need 48 hours notice and you must use the correct devices. This must be CD or tape recorders and you must produce 2 identical copies, 1 copy must be handed in at the end of the assessment.

Another little advice, forget the recording and concentrate on the evidence you need to send.
  • poorsoul
    why are you not allowed to record the interview I thought it was allowed to protect yourself against intrusive questions like why have you not killed yourself

• poppy123456
    You can record the assessment but you need permission to do this. To get permission you must ring the health assessment advisor and the number is at the top of your appointment letter.

As i advised, if you record it secretly and they catch you then you'll be refused that benefit. You must use two CD/tape recorders and record two identical copies.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.