Can you have an esa home assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you have an esa home assessment?

Debs55
Debs55 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
I suffer from severe anxiety, depression and periods of agoraphobia. Can they do home assessments or paper based reviews. 

I attended their centre once and received no points. I had to appeal. This was overturened before having to attend court. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, home assessments are possible. Paper based assessments are rare and most people have a face to face assessment. Are you currently being re-assessed for ESA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Debs55
    I think it's coming up in January.  But I'm not chasing it. They didn't give me an award period. I'm in the support group. 
  • poppy123456
    They don't give award length of time on decision letters. It's because for ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Debs55
    OK thanks. That sounds like a nightmare. I'm hoping I don't hear anything cos I'm stressed about my pip appeal.  I couldnt cope with both at the same time. Thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    It's very stressful, i agree. I always find ESA more stressful than PIP. I recently had my ESA re-assessment and went a year over the time they recommended.

When you are sent the ESA50 form then you should concentrate on the reasons why you were placed into the Support Group, if they still apply. Put as much information as possible on that form and send the evidence you have when you return that form.
  • Debs55
    Thankyou I'm dreading it already. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.