New claim by post? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim by post?

ESABenefitsUK123
ESABenefitsUK123 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
I see on the gov dwp website, that if you want to start a new pip claim, you ring them.  However, it does also give an address that you can write to, to ask them for the pip2 form.  I was thinking of doing this, as the last time I phoned them, the call handler was very rude, and I was pretty upset by this.  Has anyone tried doing this - starting a new claim by writing to them, and requesting a pip2 form?  Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    It will be much quicker if you ring to start a claim off. You most likely can write to them but they may never receive the letter.

You say you rang them before? Have you applied previously and been refused?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ESABenefitsUK123
    ESABenefitsUK123 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    I don't want to ring them, because they were rude, and I found it upsetting, and I had to wait ages for someone to answer my call.

I have applied previously, and I only got 2, 4 points.  That was 7 months ago.  My health has changed since, and I have a new and significant doctor's report, and want to reapply.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.