Complaining about capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Complaining about capita

Dave2409
Dave2409 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a PIP assessment in Sept 2018. I'm not complaining about the PIP/DWP award in principle. But I'm not happy with the wording in the PIP summary. CAPITA have definatley omitted and failed take account of all of my 'ills' & disabilities. I have multiple health issues inc confirmed Fibromyalgia, which flutctuates from day to day, often day in day too. I did send CAPITA medical reports before my assessment. Seems they've 'cocked a deaf one' to most of the medical reports.
I asked for a reconsideration from the PIP dept. Late December 2018 i received the outcome.
The outcome 'wording' in the PIP summary is worse than before the reconsideration!!
Now a second lot of formal complaints are being sent. This may cast me in a poor light with the DWP? Well, I've been straight and upfront with CAPITA and the DWP to find I'm now treated with utter contempt. 
Example, i often drop things from my hands, especially my arthritic right hand. So diring the assessment i didn't drop anything, so its assumed by the DWP i simply dont drop things b at all and the matters isn't considered! Disgusting i think.
Social situations i find rather difficult especially public transport. No this is not a problem for me they say... Because i communicated with the CAPITA assessor OK. What a dam con indeed. And so on it goes.
As far as I'm concerned the PIP assessment is all to often a substantial corruption in my opinion.
I ever invited my Fibromyalgia into my life but it came, my cervical spondylitis can cause me big problems sometimes too, but the PIP 'corruptions' care not two hoots, i think.
Oh, CAPITA's way of dealing with my first  formal complaint was to casually phone me, informally.
How unprofessional  is that indeed?
Oh well, its wait and see time yet again. CAPITA can often contribute to worsening a persons disability as far as I'm concerned. I think they're out of order and often unfit for purpose, seems to me many of their assessors (or clerks) are incompetent or very poorly fit for intended purpose, unless its all by intended design? CHEERS ALL>

Comments

• Radley
    Radley Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I couldn’t agree more. The one I had said I bent down to pick up my bag, i DID NOT take a bag! They also said I made lots of eye contact which was not true. They said I’d put my hair up in a ponytail when I told them my daughter does my hair for me. Luckily I took my daughter with me so she could back me up. I would advise everyone to take someone with them as a witness. 
    I had to appeal their decision and won the appeal. 
  • clivelate
    clivelate Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Dave2409 said:
    I had a PIP assessment in Sept 2018. I'm not complaining about the PIP/DWP award in principle. But I'm not happy with the wording in the PIP summary. CAPITA have definatley omitted and failed take account of all of my 'ills' & disabilities. I have multiple health issues inc confirmed Fibromyalgia, which flutctuates from day to day, often day in day too. I did send CAPITA medical reports before my assessment. Seems they've 'cocked a deaf one' to most of the medical reports.
    I asked for a reconsideration from the PIP dept. Late December 2018 i received the outcome.
    The outcome 'wording' in the PIP summary is worse than before the reconsideration!!
    Now a second lot of formal complaints are being sent. This may cast me in a poor light with the DWP? Well, I've been straight and upfront with CAPITA and the DWP to find I'm now treated with utter contempt. 
    Example, i often drop things from my hands, especially my arthritic right hand. So diring the assessment i didn't drop anything, so its assumed by the DWP i simply dont drop things b at all and the matters isn't considered! Disgusting i think.
    Social situations i find rather difficult especially public transport. No this is not a problem for me they say... Because i communicated with the CAPITA assessor OK. What a dam con indeed. And so on it goes.
    As far as I'm concerned the PIP assessment is all to often a substantial corruption in my opinion.
    I ever invited my Fibromyalgia into my life but it came, my cervical spondylitis can cause me big problems sometimes too, but the PIP 'corruptions' care not two hoots, i think.
    Oh, CAPITA's way of dealing with my first  formal complaint was to casually phone me, informally.
    How unprofessional  is that indeed?
    Oh well, its wait and see time yet again. CAPITA can often contribute to worsening a persons disability as far as I'm concerned. I think they're out of order and often unfit for purpose, seems to me many of their assessors (or clerks) are incompetent or very poorly fit for intended purpose, unless its all by intended design? CHEERS ALL>

Hi, firstly, im not saying these things dont go on, they clearly do, i had it on my Pip claim which was carried out my Atos, but i do wonder what is going wrong, is the HCP just getting a lick out of these claims on the reports they write, is Atos and Capita being given back handers to fail people.

I suffer from mental health issues, for 25 years, i can hardly leave the house but from my PA4 report, you would lthink i would be singing in front of 100,000 people at a concert, playing football in front of 80,000 people at wembley without any problems what so ever.

I scored zero points for every task, the report was complete rubbish, the report claimed i can go out and would even stop and give directions to strangers, total rubbish.

This report has already made me a lot worst, my anti depression dosage has already had to be raised, i have already sent the MR to the DWP and will fight this all the way, but why are so many reports so bad, if the HCP cant even write down what i said, what hope is there??

I was speaking to my mums friend she is disabled and in a wheelchair, she had to go for a Pip assessment, as he was moved from DLA she got full payment, but wasn't very impressed with the report, she said it was total rubbish, she never complained as she got the rewards she felt she should have been given, but it says something, even though she got the right award, she told me, the report was shocking, many questions asked, had very different answers to the ones she gave.

I wondered what people views are on these reports,and why so many are complete rubbish, is this down to being rushed, back handers going on etc.

In my case i had sent in a lot of evidence all never even read by the HCP, when i saw my doctor with the report she was shocked at what was written, she knew the answers stated, i would never have said, but she also told me, i was the 3rd one this week with poor pip reports, not bad when i saw her Tuesday morning at 9.00, and she was only there on Monday in the afternoon, i bet the GPs must be getting sick of this, i know i am.

• ozzy19721968
    ozzy19721968 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Capita how on earth do they keep the contract o had my first assessment for pip cancelled 1 hr before they where ment to come out they made an appointment for 5 weeks later received confirmation letter on the 20th of August for the new appointment for 1 o'clock received a letter the 23rd of August only to cancel the new appointment getting totally stressed now ask to speak to complaints department on hold for six months no answer get told I have to phone them back as they can only let you be on hold for 6mins total mess if you ask me 
  • Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Capita how on earth do they keep the contract o had my first assessment for pip cancelled 1 hr before they where ment to come out they made an appointment for 5 weeks later received confirmation letter on the 20th of August for the new appointment for 1 o'clock received a letter the 23rd of August only to cancel the new appointment getting totally stressed now ask to speak to complaints department on hold for six months no answer get told I have to phone them back as they can only let you be on hold for 6mins total mess if you ask me 
    I had my assessment cancelled less then a hour to go which was in middle of Birmingham at rush hour time. They arranged home assessment a few weeks later which went ok. I am still waiting s decision.

I put in an complaint for the late cancellation and awarded me £25 as a good will gesture
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,015 Pioneering
    I wasn't happy with the assessors view on my disabilites but I got an award which I think is fair and I have decided to look to the future and put this stressful time behind me for my own wellbeing. I typed up a long report after my f2f which I was going to use in any appeal about the way I was treated at the assessment. In the end I had to think about what I would achieve by complaining and decided to let it go. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes things happen in life and cancellations can happen. Last minute ones too, especially if the HCP isn't in that day because of illness. Hopefully you're next appointment will go ahead as planned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.