Can I have advice on UC and Carers allowance?
I am still waiting after 6 weeks for carers allowance. I care for a wheelchair bound relation for 35 hours per week who is very ill on morphine and incontinent. I am receiving only £320 a month UC despite having a child living with me in full time education, surely I should be receiving money for her (equivalent of child tax credit)? My rent is £387 a month, a housing association property. So the UC payment doesnt even cover the rent and my low savings are running out. I have asked twice in my online journal for an explanation but they ignore it (yet have always answered any other query in the journal the same day). I was even refused a food bank voucher despite them knowing how much Im struggling. Sorry to launch into this as soon as Ive joined but nobody will help me!
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 706 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.