PIP Assesssment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assesssment

mominto
mominto Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting for a PIP assessment since APRIL 2018 - and still waiting.
I have finally managed to get them to agree to a home assessment - this was a battle despite the location given would have required a 4hour bus journey (each way). My physical health is not good, but I am now also under the care of the Crisis Mental Health Team, having tried to commit suicide 3 times last year. I have just managed to stave off my house being repossessed and am STILL waiting for the mortgage interest loan stuff to be processed. I receive basic UC (317 per month) and all my job centre can say is that PIP assessments can take a while (!) and there is nothing they can do. Can someone please help me get this sorted????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They are correct about the time scale i'm afraid. Waiting times for assessments really do vary depending on backlog in your area. Home assessments waiting times can take longer. Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do to speed up the process. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mominto
    its no wonder so many people give up and just give in.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    mominto said:
    its no wonder so many people give up and just give in.

Exactly especially when you factor in the long delays of up to 12 months before your claim ends up before a Tribunal.

I would imagine that from when the claim/review form is posted back to the DWP/ATOS/CAPITA  the whole procedure right up to attending a Tribunal hearing can take upwards approaching two years in some places.

• mominto
    thanks for the feedback. Just found out the jobcentre have 'lost' my mortgage loan stuff - I have sent it twice recorded delivery but when I chased today got a message to say I have registered an interest and they will send me the forms....again. Not sure where I turn to any more but thanks for all your comments. My mantra is one day, one step, one person onward and upward. Need it today more than most!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.