PIP. Claimed they haven't received renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP. Claimed they haven't received renewal

Options
kazzy1
kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
i am panicking. This morning I received a letter saying they were stopping my PIP and going to Claim back payments as they gave not received my PIP renewal. I posted it along with 52 pages of supporting evidence!
Now they are of course closed over Christmas. What can I do? Surely they need to warn you first that they have not received the paperwork by the last date to send it? I got a reminder 2 weeks prior to the date. I s not it on 26th and it had 7 working days for them to receive it. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    They are open on Monday, you'll need to ring them then. It's impossible for anyone to answer your questions on an internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, they may have received it but it can take 14 days to get onto the system so when you phone they have no knowledge of it plus the Christmas mail. A lot of people send their application by recorded delivery and it is signed for I know it extra cost. But there is little you can do till after Christmas or into the new year. The DWP will not notify you if they have or have not received any information from you it’s up to you the claimant to chase things up, it’s time consuming and frustrating. So enjoy Christmas and start phoning DWP on the 27/12/18 if open for advice and update.
  • kazzy1
    kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Oh it gets better. Yes, they did make an error sending the letter out as they had indeed received the paperwork. 
    Soooo, 2 weeks later no money. I call again. It turns out that someone had mad an error scanning my paperwork and as a result it was logged as unreturned.
    I spoke to a supervisor who apologised and said they would reinstate payments and endeavour to look at my claim as a priority.
    Why oh why do we constantly need to chase and check on these government departments?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kazzy1 said:
    Oh it gets better. Yes, they did make an error sending the letter out as they had indeed received the paperwork. 
    Soooo, 2 weeks later no money. I call again. It turns out that someone had mad an error scanning my paperwork and as a result it was logged as unreturned.
    I spoke to a supervisor who apologised and said they would reinstate payments and endeavour to look at my claim as a priority.
    Why oh why do we constantly need to chase and check on these government departments?

I have no idea.

Because of their inefficiency and inability to have more staff the 'customer' is responsible for chasing everything up?

Of all of the years that I have had dealings with the Civil Service (Tax Returns, coding notices, ESA, DLA, IIDB claims I have never had the need to do that. So something has gone seriously wrong in the past few years.

There was a day when you never had the need to retain or ask for proof of posting. It was accepted that what was posted would always arrive within a day or so. In fact using the DWP's own guidance - that when they post anything it is deemed to have been delivered within 48 hours!    

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.