PIP and sick of it — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and sick of it

Options
Gerald
Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
Thanks  PIP I am  at the tribunal point now from feb 2018 with still no date for the tribunal and  the assessment was just a joke  I am at the point were topping myself is looking good as now I have to go for assessment for ESA and my PIP is still not sorted out but the government numbers look good all you get form the DWP and the rest of them is we will get to you when we get to you and with my mental health issues getting worse day by day thinking how to pay bills and pay for food I am just sick of it all.

Comments

• Chill2computer
    Chill2computer Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options

I can relate to how you’re feeling. I’ve also had numerous feelings to quit by ending it all but I keep fighting. I keep fighting because if I do end it all the Government win! Pushing people over the limit is in my view was what PIP was designed to do.

I get through it all by breaking every step down and focus on that alone. I avoid focussing on the whole PIP Process. Focus on the phone interview, focus on the assessment, and focus on the decision. If I focus on the whole process I will melt down for weeks. Keep going!

• Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for that Chill2computer its just getting to much now got no to the  tribunal lot today to see were I was up to and got the time as gone up by 12 more weeks on top of the 37 weeks and asked if that was it now with the 12 weeks and got we don't know it can go up more there is no time that it as to be done in.
  • Chill2computer
    Chill2computer Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options

Try not to worry and focus on it too much. Take every day as it comes.

My PIP process started October 2016 and finished November 2017. Most of the time I was stressed out not knowing when it will end and I exhausted myself. I seemed stuck in my life unable to move forward during this process, until it ended and it was paralysing. My PIP is up for renewal in March, this process will start again for me however this time I will take it in my stride. I found strength with knowledge, the whole pip Process is meant to wear you down so don’t let it. Worry about what you can do on a daily basis other than PIP because it will wear you down. Find some emotional space were you can have an emotional and mental break.

If that doesn’t work try being proactive write a diary of how the PIP process was for you and give a copy to your MP. Stay STRONG!!

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gerald Sorry to hear you struggling mentally having problems.

I am sorry what you are going through.  Do you have any mental health support.?

I know having been through the process and the procedure of benefits. .  Been on benefits a long time and have been through a very stressful time.

Know from personal experience finding the right support. If having some problems and issues happy to be supportive.

Did use this mental health charity .

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

Might be useful.   Something to consider.

I am one of the team of community champions and have mental heath issues my self.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness