E AS support group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

E AS support group

Vviv70
Vviv70 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello , I filled E S A form out for my son 12 months ago and subsequently he was placed in the Support group and has been receiving payments since. Today we received the form again to be filled in by the end of the month. Is this normal , will he be reassessed every year even though nothing has changed? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, it's normal to receive another form for a re-assessment. For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months. It really does depend, some wait a year, while others wait a few years.

The form does need to be filled in and returned no later than the date stated on the letter. Failure to return the form on time and his ESA will stop.

Don't forget to send in evidence to support his claim because they rarely contact anyone. Expect another face to face assessment too as most people have them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Vviv70
    Thanks poppy, as long as I know it's the norm I'll get on with it and keep fingers crossed. Not the easiest form to fill in but luckily I save every bit of evidence. Thanks again.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. Yes, i agree about the form not being easy. For me ESA is the worst. Knowing the reaosns why he was previously placed into the Support Group will help, this way you can focus on that when filling out the form.

reg 35 explained here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Vviv70
    Will certainly look into that. You've been a great help. Thanks x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.