Successful pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful pip claim

Msbettyboop
Msbettyboop Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Hi I'm new here, I thought it would be nice to let people know of any good experiences claiming pip that people have had in case it might help anyone. I'm a first timer claiming for Pip benefit and claimed in beginning of October, forms arrived a week later and I read the descriptors on here before filling the forms in to describe how I'm affected by my illness. I also sent any evidence I had with my forms. I was called for assessment on th 27th November and I had requested a home visit which was granted, had a few problems rearranging the dates but a quick email to the complaints team sorted that out and the assessor came out. My assessment was around just under a hour I would say and my assessor seemed nice and asked alot of questions. I called and requested a copy of my report a week later and received a text saying i would receive a decision around 6 weeks time. I called on new years to check if my assessment report had been sent as I still had not received it and asked again for it to be sent. I decided to ask if any decisions had been made and was told yes. Enhanced for mobility and standard for daily living. 4th Jan received official award letter and as told on phone enhanced for mobility and standard for daily care. Also payment had gone into account as well. I'm 1 point away for Enhanced for daily living but ive decided not to ask for reconsideration even though I believe I should have it. Overall I'm happy and amazed my pip experience was so smooth and quick after reading stuff on here. Good luck to all xx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done you, it does go well, we hear so many bad reports of PIP acessments but you did your homework and focused on how your illness, disability impacts on your daily life in reference to the PIP descriptors, so many focus on their medication, illnesses and disability and not enough information and details about their daily life Issues reference to the PIP descriptors.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Always lovely to hear the good stories. Well done :) 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jade08
    Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    great news. Ive got my assessment on thursday... this is first time ive applied. I keep forgetting minor things so made notes...  so nervous.

• Msbettyboop
    Msbettyboop Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
    Thanks all, and Jade try not to be nervous and use your notes if you forget anything or ask them to repeat stuff. Don't forget to focus on how your illness affects you day by day, maybe write a diary for a day if it helps. Good luck! 
  • loveXMASday
    loveXMASday Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Changed over DLNA to pip sent for form from asser got high care and high mobility nice nurse did it so was dreading it but was on low rate before so great 
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Great News! Im really pleased for you, well done.
  • AmazingRhema
    AmazingRhema Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I needed this, just had my assessment recently. Feel a bit reassured <3 
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Brilliant news for a change. Get in there!! If your in doubt, Give em' a clout. great stuff.
  • hansrey64
    hansrey64 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Always good news to hear. 
    I had my assessment back in Nov 2018 no decision as twy but the report is very favourable it's suggesting enchanced in both, currently on DLA at middle care.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.