Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Successful pip claim
Hi I'm new here, I thought it would be nice to let people know of any good experiences claiming pip that people have had in case it might help anyone. I'm a first timer claiming for Pip benefit and claimed in beginning of October, forms arrived a week later and I read the descriptors on here before filling the forms in to describe how I'm affected by my illness. I also sent any evidence I had with my forms. I was called for assessment on th 27th November and I had requested a home visit which was granted, had a few problems rearranging the dates but a quick email to the complaints team sorted that out and the assessor came out. My assessment was around just under a hour I would say and my assessor seemed nice and asked alot of questions. I called and requested a copy of my report a week later and received a text saying i would receive a decision around 6 weeks time. I called on new years to check if my assessment report had been sent as I still had not received it and asked again for it to be sent. I decided to ask if any decisions had been made and was told yes. Enhanced for mobility and standard for daily living. 4th Jan received official award letter and as told on phone enhanced for mobility and standard for daily care. Also payment had gone into account as well. I'm 1 point away for Enhanced for daily living but ive decided not to ask for reconsideration even though I believe I should have it. Overall I'm happy and amazed my pip experience was so smooth and quick after reading stuff on here. Good luck to all xx
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.