PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Successful pip claim

MsbettyboopMsbettyboop Member Posts: 25 Courageous
Hi I'm new here, I thought it would be nice to let people know of any good experiences claiming pip that people have had in case it might help anyone. I'm a first timer claiming for Pip benefit and claimed in beginning of October, forms arrived a week later and I read the descriptors on here before filling the forms in to describe how I'm affected by my illness. I also sent any evidence I had with my forms. I was called for assessment on th 27th November and I had requested a home visit which was granted, had a few problems rearranging the dates but a quick email to the complaints team sorted that out and the assessor came out. My assessment was around just under a hour I would say and my assessor seemed nice and asked alot of questions. I called and requested a copy of my report a week later and received a text saying i would receive a decision around 6 weeks time. I called on new years to check if my assessment report had been sent as I still had not received it and asked again for it to be sent. I decided to ask if any decisions had been made and was told yes. Enhanced for mobility and standard for daily living. 4th Jan received official award letter and as told on phone enhanced for mobility and standard for daily care. Also payment had gone into account as well. I'm 1 point away for Enhanced for daily living but ive decided not to ask for reconsideration even though I believe I should have it. Overall I'm happy and amazed my pip experience was so smooth and quick after reading stuff on here. Good luck to all xx

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.