Medical assessment - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical assessment

124»

Comments

• laney1970
    laney1970 Community member Posts: 85 Connected
    Hello just to let you know I'm back in the support group
  • laney1970
    But I'm confused no back pay they said
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Matthewsheehy24 Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Sound news laney.I thought if they put you in wrag and you was put back in support group the money they take of you for being in wrag you get back I assumed.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
     You were previously in the WRAG and the changes take place from the date of the decision, which means no back pay, i'm afraid. New amount starts from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laney1970
    At least I'm back in support group now thankyou for all your help
  • laney1970
    Mathew have you got sorted yet
  • Matthewsheehy24
    I got turned down for my mr the one I done over the phone. Welfare rights sent one on the 19th.Will they still take that mr from welfare rights.Or have They already made a decision on the one I done on the phone.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Poppy 123456 I was put in wrag after one year dwp made that decision saying I had received 365 days of support group money and they cut my money.Does this mean if I get put back in support group I want receive the money they have been taking of me.
  • poppy123456
    I got turned down for my mr the one I done over the phone. Welfare rights sent one on the 19th.Will they still take that mr from welfare rights.Or have They already made a decision on the one I done on the phone.
    Did you receive a decision letter for that MR? if so then yes, that's the decision. Most MR decisions remain the same anyway and there's only an 18% chance of the decision changing at that stage. Always better to put it in writing, rather than request over the phone but the chances are still the same.

If you've had the decision letter then you'll need that to request the Tribunal. They'll refuse you without it. It's a long wait with a lot of areas having backlogs as long as 1 year.

If you haven't claimed UC once the Tribunal accept your request you can go back onto assessment rate for ESA but you'll need sick notes from your GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Yes poppy they sent out a letter saying your mr notice they sent two of them.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Poppy123456 is best thing for me to do now is when I send the letter to tribunal is to have welfare rights to write a letter to go with it.Thank you for your advice very grateful.
  • poppy123456
    As welfare rights is helping you with the process then i'd advise you speak to them. They will know all the details about your case. Good luck.
  • Matthewsheehy24
    Thank you poppy123456and every one else who give me good information.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.