Daily diary for PIP assessment? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daily diary for PIP assessment?

2»

Comments

• chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    @yadnad i have just been reading about assessors working day , each one says after a working day they take up to 120 mins typing each report at home .. 
    Ellen x 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    chiz said:
    @yadnad i have just been reading about assessors working day , each one says after a working day they take up to 120 mins typing each report at home .. 
    Ellen x 
    Well that is news to me. Maybe their memory is a lot better than mine is. If I had a couple of assessments to 'write up' hours later I would not be able to remember everything that had been said at the assessment. 
    I thought the system was that the assessor completed the report actually during the assessment - if not why do they spend all of the time typing away after you have said something? Completely foxed with the PIP system - maybe Mike [removed by moderator] could offer his opinion?
  • Oakwellreject
    Oakwellreject Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Don't quote me but my assessor told me she did the report as she was assessing me .
  • Yadnad
    Don't quote me but my assessor told me she did the report as she was assessing me .
    That's what I believe should be happening.
    I read recently that the assessors were criticised for going from one assessment to another and then writing the days work up much later. They were told to finish one off completely before moving to the next one.
  • laceypeach
    laceypeach Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Oh dear this is all very interesting as I have no clue about any of this stuff. Maybe they write the majority of the assessment whilst you are there and then if you do end up handing them any extra paperwork if they were to take it and that's the info they then type up at home? 
    It's all super confusing and making my heart beat so fast when I think about it.
    So many f2f have been different and I think that is a good thing because we are all different and may have the same disabilities but experience the symptoms much differently.
    Sorry for long ramble, but I hope you get my meaning 
  • Oakwellreject
    I will just say keep calm the interview is not as daunting as you may think you are not rushed and just take time to think before you answer I had read all the negative reviews and was panicking when I got there which didn't help and I'd forgotten what I needed to say all due to negative reviewers .The lady was very easy to talk to and I didn't feel intimidated .Because of my fears I didn't come across as clearly as I should have I now am in the process of waiting for a review of there judgement not because of them trying to trick me but because I basically cocked it up ....
  • chiz
    chiz Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Hi i can only go by what happened at my assessment xx good luck @laceypeach and all the waiting was far worse than my actual assessment x
    Ellen x 
  • laceypeach
    @chiz Thank you so much xx
  • Yadnad
    I will just say keep calm the interview is not as daunting as you may think you are not rushed and just take time to think before you answer I had read all the negative reviews and was panicking when I got there which didn't help and I'd forgotten what I needed to say all due to negative reviewers .The lady was very easy to talk to and I didn't feel intimidated .Because of my fears I didn't come across as clearly as I should have I now am in the process of waiting for a review of there judgement not because of them trying to trick me but because I basically cocked it up ....
    That just typifies how assessments could be carried out in all cases.
    There are some good assessors who really want to do a complete and accurate job whilst there are others that appear to not care and are inadequate.

At the end of the day the quality of the assessor can make all the difference in whether you get the right result first time or have to go through the appeal system.

In my case I have never had a good assessor in all of my 3 face to face assessments, none that even wanted to listen or understand. Consequently I have had to fight every decision.
  • Oakwellreject
    Mine listend I'm just trying to reassure lacypeach if I had not filled my head (as we can do when we are genuinely ill and stressed) with negativity I would not be in the situation Ive put myself in now having to fight the decision . I've eneded up going from full mobilty and middle care after 10yrs and I'm worse now than 10yr ago  to just low rate care and no mobility payment .
  • Yadnad
    Mine listend I'm just trying to reassure lacypeach if I had not filled my head (as we can do when we are genuinely ill and stressed) with negativity I would not be in the situation Ive put myself in now having to fight the decision . I've eneded up going from full mobilty and middle care after 10yrs and I'm worse now than 10yr ago  to just low rate care and no mobility payment .
    Three times in the past 5 years  I have gone from maximum Care and Mobility to 0 points every other year since 2013 after all three assessments only to find that after an MR for the first 2 the original award was reinstated. For the 3rd I gave up but am now asking for an appeal as I am way out of date on the 30 days.
  • laceypeach
    Ohhh gosh, I think the whole process is very draining on all of us mentally. I think theres  still such a huge stigma to claiming benefits that we worry, are we disabled enough to someone who is basically judging us. We know we are disabled enough and we know we would much rather be able bodied and able to have a full time job that fitted our needs rather than claim benefits but it's the having to justify and prove to other people that ignites my anxieties. I am so happy and greatful for all advice given to me positive and negative as you end up churning it all together inside your own head. We all have to have the f2f assessments and we will all have varying stories. I just wish we all didn't have to go through these worries about the assessments. I know it's because we end up worrying ahead about how we will manage financially and stress wise if we don't get it and have to go through an appeal. *sigh* 
    X
  • Oakwellreject
    It's terrible what they put us through .My illness is through years of working in the building trade.which I was always employed in sometimes working away all week doing long hours  and earned a decent living now it feels like I have to beg for anl pittence to exist .No one wants to have disabilities or be ill .
  • laceypeach
    I agree, when I was well I could earn more money than benefits. This is not a choice for some people and I wish the government and others would just understand this.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.