How long for decision on PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for decision on PIP appeal

graham1234
graham1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i am waiting for my p.i.p, appeal have just got a letter to say they have received my appeal,  how long does it normally take for the appeal 

Comments

• SAMandCHARLEY
    SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @graham1234! Waiting times can vary drastically according to where you live, so it may be a good idea to call the DWP using the phone number on your letters and ask if they can clarify.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

By appeal do you mean Tribunal or MR? If it's Tribunal then waiting times can be as long as 1 year in some areas.

For MR then there's no timescales but could be 8 weeks or more.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • g7iqj
    g7iqj Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
    I had my PIP  mobilty  side  destion  sent to me 3jan  dated igot it  10 jan .  I lodge  an appeal   MR  11 jan  both by phone @ written   recorded del they reiceved letter 15  jan  0548 am    wolverhampton mail centre .    BUT  ive not heard any thing no conformation  of my MR   iam wright in thincking that thay  want start to look MR UNTIL  1 MOUTH GONE  IE  3rd  feb    then take up to 6 weeks   looking to    17 march for destion ???.  
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

You won't get confirmation that they received it. It doesn't mean they'll wait a month before looking at it. How ever long it takes will depend on the backlog in your area. There's no timescales for decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • g7iqj
    g7iqj Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
    Thanck you for reply usual then you have to get the appeal in within 1 mouth  ur under time scale they not lol .   had assetnment  19 dec  told results 3 jan  only 3 weeks quick.   play waiting game .  
  • poppy123456
    You have to take into consideration the backlog of people waiting. If the MR decision remains the same and most do then waiting times for a Tribunal hearing are a year in a lot of areas. It's not a quick process.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.