Worried about losing ESA - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about losing ESA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    For ESA they will also record it for you but you must ask them and it could delay your assessment. See link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poorsoul
    poorsoul Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    @poppy123456 they dont make things easy for you do they sadly I dont have 2 recorders I was just trying to protect myself as I have heard they dont always write down what you say and try to make out your fine.If it is supposed to be a fair assessment why would they object to a recording whether done with or without there consent proving they have something to hide.

• poppy123456
    They don't no. Remember, we only ever hear the bad stories. People do have nice HCP's that give honest reports, without telling any "lies" I've had multiple assessments for PIP and ESA and have never had a bed report and i've been claiming benefits for 7 years.

You're much better off concentrating on the evidence to send, than recording an assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poorsoul
    @poppy123456 My evidence from the dr is in its all up to the assessment from the dwp dr without the recording I just have to hope that the answers are written down as I say them and an honest report is done.If that is the case then I should remain in the support group without having to appeal.
  • poorsoul
    On saturday the dreaded brown letter of doom cam through my door a telephone assesment is happening in 8 days i got my mum to phone them and explain i dont have a phone and struggle to talk on one.They insisted that i had to do it with mum only there as moral support.The same worries as before remain and any advice would be welcome thanks :'(

• poppy123456
    If you kept a copy of the form you sent back then have a read of that before the assessment takes place because part of it will be to verify what you wrote in that. The other part will be to get any other information they need. I can't tell you what questions they will ask exactly because i don't know how your conditions affect you.

You can put the phone onto loud speaker so your mum will be able to hear what is said. If you don't understand the question or you didn't hear it, ask them to repeat it.

Assessment times can be anything from 20 to 120 minutes. All you can do, is do your best. Do come back and let us know the outcome.
    Good luck.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @poorsoul. As Poppy has said, you can only do your best.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poorsoul
    Thanks for the feedback poppy and tori i appreciate that it feels good knowing i have some support on here.If the worst happens i know that i have the backing of my mum and the Doctor on my side in an appeal situation which i believe is a fairer review than the DWP who are on a bonus for cutting off ESA and using sanctions to save money.They do this despite knowing the effects it will have on human lives many of whom have used suicide as a way out of the misery this causes.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2021
    You're welcome. Just for you to know that no one receives a bonus of any kind for those that are found fit for work. It's a complete myth. Sanctions have nothing to do with this either. DWP also don't write the reports, the health assessment providers write them.

• poorsoul
    edited January 2021
    I dont think i would qualify for UC there are so many things that i cannot do that would enable me to qualify for that im in the ESA support group and i am unable to do any kind of work due to my condition so if i lose my benifits my life is over.I will probably be found dead and be just another stastistic like many others before me who have died due to this cruel regime Sanctions are not a myth they do happen and heap real misery on people.

• poppy123456
    I actually got you mixed up with another member here, so excuse my advice above about the UC claim. I advise so many people here i do sometime get confused and it's been a long and rather stressful day today :/

I've edited my reply above and removed the advice about UC. 

The good news here is that you can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment so if they can't get enough of inforrmation from the telephone assessment then your file will be returned to the pile to wait for the face to face assessments to start back up again. Then your money will continue to be paid as normal while you wait.

Sanctions don't apply to those in the support group, which is why i said that doesn't apply here. Being found fit for work really isn't a sanction as such. I didn't say they are myth. I said the bonus's people think they receive are a myth.

Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
  • poorsoul
    Thanks poppy its easy to get mixed up when you have to deal with many questions do you know if sanctions apply if you miss the telephone call as i sleep heavily a lot of the time and might not hear the call or be so stressed out i dont answer.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Missing the phone call without good reason is the same as failing to attend and this is one of the reasons you can be found fit for work. Money stops if found fit for work.

Do you have someone there that can answer the phone for you? Then put the phone onto loud speaker.

Also one other thing, even though you do have a specitic time for the assessment, this doesn't mean they will call at exactly that time. Assessments before you could go over do delays with ringing are possible. Very much like when you attend the face to face assessments, you rarely go in on time, at least i never have.

I know exactly how you're feeling regarding this, even i get extremely anxious for the work capability assessment.
  • poorsoul
    My mum is to answer the phone hopefully all will go well she will pass it on to me to answer questions as best i can if im struggling to much she will take over and i will feed her my answers to pass on.
  • poppy123456
    Good luck.
  • poorsoul
    Phone assesment happening on friday 23 april never had this before usually its a home visit not looking forward to it burt its just something that has to be done.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @poorsoul

Some find the phone assessment easier than f2f 

Good lucklet ys know how you get on 
  • poorsoul
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope all goes well @poorsoul :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck for Friday @poorsoul :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.