Scored o in assement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scored o in assement

Options
carlaclark
carlaclark Community member Posts: 6 Listener
my son is 18 he has ptsd and behaviour problems  he  has no edcaution since age of 14  he was getting disability living allowance from been 14  because of his condition  but he has assement at pip  and scored none because they said he can walk make food and wash himself but he clearly stated to the guy who did the assment he couldn’t get a bath  and he carnt cook because he fotgets thiings he set microwave on fire because he put a cardboard box in 4 5 min  I know my son and no his condition  but I would rather not say to much on here  but he ain’t  had it easy  and it left him with ptsd  I really need to appeal as my son is not capable of going  to work with his anger 

Comments

• patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    These monsters seem intent on removing benefits if claimants can walk a few feet despite being in considerable pain and discomfort. Just this last week I have learned of 5 people who have walking difficulties having their mobility cars collected. How much lower is this government  going too stoop? My dear friend Jan received a copy of her "assessment" recently. The untruths and inaccuracies were mind blowing - a physical examination which did not take place- instruments and measurements should have been used. It was nothing but assumption! Sadly, her mobility component was denied, by a so called "Decision Maker" at the DWP who decided what she could and could not do. They possess no medical qualifications and are probably just clerical workers with a medical dictionary under their desks. Keep fighting Carla. I have heard that a change of government will turn all this around and put a stop to this discrimination because this is what it amounts to. God Bless.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. Not being able to work will also not award you PIP.

He needs to request the MR as the next step and put it in writing stating what he disagrees with and where he thinks he should have scored those points and why. Putting 2-3 examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity. Sending evidence with the MR to support the claim.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so expect to have to take it to Tribunal.

I'd advise speak to welfare rights or another advice centre near him.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • carlaclark
    Options
    many thank peeps
  • carlaclark
    Options
    I will keep fighting till things Chang happens not just 4 my son for rest of people dealing with mental health issues I seen with my own eyes and take my hat off to all the people dealing with mental health

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.