ptp tribunal advice please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ptp tribunal advice please

Comments

• mic67
    mic67 Community member Posts: 38 Listener
    Thankyou :) i thought id have had at least a letter by now, its worring that dwp may appeal and all the stress up to now doesnt end :(  thankyou for replying :)
  • mic67
    Hello again, sorry to be a pest! i received a letter yesterday saying that DWP are asking for a SOR :( im really worried now, i dont understand what happens? any help would be great :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP have as much chance to appeal the decision as we do. To do this they must first ask for the SOR, which they've done. When they receive this they must find an error in law before they can take in any further. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    SAMandCHARLEY Community member Posts: 32 Connected
  • mic67
    Hello, thanks for replying
    what is an error in law? is it that they disagree with what a judge a doctor and a neurologist said at the tribunal? im lost with this, i would have thought when a tribunal is won that would be the end! Its madness! 
  • poppy123456
    what is SDR
    You mean SOR..... statement of reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mic67
    If i asked about payments would that effect my 'case' ? 
  • poppy123456
    If you did that and they challenged the decision and won then you'll end up having to pay it all back. As mike says, asking for the SOR doesn't mean they'll challenge but it can happen. If it was me then i'd wait because i wouldn't want to take any chances of having to owe them all that money back.
  • mic67
    thankyou im so confused, how can they challenge what a judge has said? do you have any idea if its common for this to happen and for them to win? thanks 
  • poppy123456
    They have the same chance do. Asking for the SOR just means they're looking at it. I have no idea how common/rare it is for them to appeal after requesting the SOR.
  • mic67
    Thankyou for your advice 
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    When the accessor sends in the report, does DWP go by what the accessor says or do they bypass that and make up there own minds
  • poppy123456
    They usually go with the report, it's rare to go against it but it can happen.
  • SAMandCHARLEY
    Thank you for that, you have been so helpful
  • mic67
    Hello
    i phoned cab who told me to contact my MP
    would you agree? im worried it would rile the dwp and obviously i dont want to do anything that jepordises 
  • poppy123456
    I don't agree, sorry. It can take 8 weeks to receive any backdated money. DWP have requested the SOR and this doesn't mean they will appeal.
  • mic67
    do you think i should wait and if they are going to challenge then contact my mp?
  • poppy123456
    I'm not sure why you were advised to contact your MP at all. As you've been advised, they've just asked for the SOR. It would be the same if you had lost the Tribunal, you would have wanted to request the SOR too. They have as much chance that we do.
  • mic67
    They said the more people contact their MPs the better the fight against the DWP and the way they treat people 
  • mic67
    Il just have to play the waiting game! Thanks for the advice 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.