wheelchair footmuffs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

wheelchair footmuffs

Options
B1nkyb00
B1nkyb00 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
All wheelchair users!!! I need your help. I have a few questions, and I would be sooooo grateful if you could answer them. I am a wheelchair user myself (para full time) I get so cold in winter, but All the wheelchair foot muffs look so tricky to use, and not that appealing.Please also share them with any other wheelchair users. :) 
1. Do you use a wheelchair footmuff/leg warmer? (if no please go to question 5.) 
2. What do you like about it. 
3. What don't you like about it?
4. How much was it? 
5. If no, why don't you use one? 
6. What would make you use one? 
7. Do you wish you could, but you don't like the look/design? 

Please feel free to add anymore information. (ambulatory wheelchair user, full time, Completely paralysed, quad/para anything you think would be useful for me to know.) Thank you so much,

Comments

• pamla
    pamla Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi
    yes i use one, it is very easy to use as it has a cord attached to the zipper making it easy to reach and pull up, a drawcord around the top keeps out the cold and my footmuff is very warm, cosy and keeps the rain off. 
    As for price I bought it around 15 years ago so can't remember but it wasn't a cheap flimsy one. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I dont know whether any of this might help?

Sources of equipment advice

Disabled Living Foundation (DLF) provides guides for daily living. You can borrow simple electronic aids such as adapted phones and magnifiers for 2 weeks so you can see if the device works for you before buying it. (You only pay postage to return it and a refundable deposit.)

The DLF also maintains the Living Made Easy website, a directory of assistive products, from clothing to personal care.

Independent Living gives unbiased advice about mobility aids and disability products.

The Research Institute for Consumer Affairs conducts research into products and services used by disabled people. Rica publishes free research reports covering many aspects of everyday life, from central heating controls to mobility.

Which? offers free general purchasing advice on a huge range of products that can help you live independently at home and make your life easier and more comfortable.

The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) offers advice on accessible computers, laptops and tablets. RNIB also has a Technology Support Squad of 800 volunteers who offer advice on set-up and maintenance over the phone or in person.

Aidas Trust provides free and impartial advice and support on technology for disabled people.

Remap matches disabled people who need pieces of equipment specially designed and manufactured with volunteers who can do so. Projects focus on mobility and independent living.

Instructables allows users to upload step-by-step instructions on how to make technology accessible for disabled people.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • DinkypinsScope1
    DinkypinsScope1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Company called Bundle Bean they make foot muffs for wheelchair users. Funky patterns too. 

Brightness