HIV is treated as chronic illness, what benefits can you get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HIV is treated as chronic illness, what benefits can you get?

Options
JimaylahHope89
JimaylahHope89 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
What extra financial support is available for someone living with HIV?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @JimaylahHope89 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Please have a look at our on line benefit checker .  It is a handy tool which should give you an idea what benefits you may be entitled to.

Also find out more information about benefits  on our website.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one will know. A member of our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi  @JimaylahHope89

Good Morning & Welcome ??

It’s great to meet you today !!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help / support you???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,058 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Other than PIP, which isn't means tested then claiming any other benefits totally depends on your circumstances. With no information it's impossible to answer your question.

You need to speak to an advice centre near you, like CAB for a full benefits check.

For PIP, it's not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. Evidence will be needed to support a claim and a face to face assessment is most like needed.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.