Benefit payments - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit payments

2»

Comments

• dazlee
    dazlee Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Because I was on U.C handing in sick notes for over a year. U.C didn't become a live service until 05 Nov 2018. So citizens advice advised me there was a window of opportunity to close down my U.C claim and claim ESA on 02 Nov 2018, which I did as I was having major problems with U.C due to the punitive sanction regime.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello daslee yes I've heard many cases of that problem myself 
  • dazlee
    Hello! Clark, yes, it is very confusing for people. If u switch from u.c to ESA any previous ESA decisions that went against you ( even if it was many years ago) are counted as viable in your current claim, and allows ESA not to pay you any benefit. If u switch from ESA to U. C you are opened up to the Sanction regime! It stinks!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The same rules apply for anyone that's been found fit for work and not just those that claimed UC. You can't just reclaim, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    It certainly does stink daz I smell a rat 
  • dazlee
    I was found fit for work 3 years ago! The decision was wrong! I appealed it at the time but I couldn't make the tribunal due to a death in my family. I asked for the ruling. to be set aside, but they refused! So I was forced to claim U.C. I was still signed off not fit for work by my G.P & continued handing in doc notes. Imagine if these crass rules applied to other benefits! Imagine if you've been refused housing benefit years ago and because of that, any future claim for housing benefit is disallowed based upon a past ruling! Its pathetic! Its unfair, and it discriminates against claimants! Plus they told a pack of lies & proper stitched me up on my last assessment 3 years ago! No system should exist that allows people signed off sick by their G.P to be refused a basic benefit payment! Its disgusting and plain WRONG! ENOUGH SAID!
  • dazlee
    The rules need challenging in a court of law or under E.C.H.R 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Using capital letters is classed as shouting in text speak and i'm not sure why you're doing that. You came and asked a question and i answered it. As i said before, i don't make the rules so please don't shout. After all, i was just advising you.

I've answered your questions and therefore i won't be adding any further comments here. I do however wish you good luck with the ESA and hope you have a decision in your favour soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clarkjohnson
    Hear hear mate your feelings have not gone unnoticed by many I'm sure good night to you 
  • clarkjohnson
    I can't hear anyone shouting 
  • dazlee
    No! I wasn't shouting! I was just emphasising my point using capital letters! The system is totally unfair & unjust! And rather than just stating what their rules are we should be fighting against them and challenging the unjust nature of them at every opportunity! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.