New claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
Im in the support group and on cb esa.
My hubby used to work 16 hrs a week but ive fallen and was alone at the time.
My hubby used to be on my claim and we got ir esa .
My hubby doesnt want to leave me alone so ive applied for him to go back on my claim.
Whats the rate for a married couple if on ir esa.
Ive received a text message from dwp stating they will be in touch within the next 2 weeks.
Just wondering what we might get if hes allowed to go back on my claim 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Couples rate for those in the Support Group is £176.05 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Thank you for that do you know if its classed as a new claim or wether he will just be put on my old claim
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    When he was working did your ESA stop or was you just claiming reduced payments?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    Reduced payments i went from ir esa to cb esa
  • ollieandduke
    Ive just had a call from dwp but the call log said dwp universal credit but im actually on esa so why would universal credit ring me
  • poppy123456
    No one on an internet forum can tell you why they rang you. Ring DWP to ask, or they'll most likely ring you back.
  • ollieandduke
    No its ok i spoke to them but i just wondered why universal credit rang when im claiming income related esa. They said my claim was sorted but all im asking is why uc rang when im on esa
  • poppy123456
    I would have no idea, sorry.
  • ollieandduke
    Just an update on my claim. Ivecreceived a text about an hour ago stating my claim had been sorted and £241 has been put in my bank today. Ive checked and its there.
    I asked my claim to be backdated to the 19th nov im assuming this is the back dated amount they have put in.

• poppy123456
    You'll need to ring them to ask them that question i'm afraid. It's impossible to answer that on an internet forum.
  • ollieandduke
    Thank you are you and I the only ones on here lol
  • poppy123456
    No lol but the ESA part of the forum is often quieter. When it comes to backdated money, it's impossible to give any advice, which is why i advised ringing to ask. Or you can wait for the decision letter, which often arrives a few days after payment has been received.
  • ollieandduke
    Ok poppy thanks
  • ollieandduke
    Hi poppy you mentioned yesterday its £176 per week per couple in support group.
    The payment i got yesterday was £241 ive rang esa they say its for 2 weeks claim for ir esa for a couple in the support group.
    Which works out at £120.50 per week. Is there extra money you get to make up the money to £176
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    I have no idea why they told you that, that's the amount for couple rate in the Support Group because it's not correct. That amount they told you isn't even the single persons rate. Single persons Income related ESA support Group amount is £127.50 per week.

ESA couples rate is £114.85 per week + amount for being in the Support Group is £37.65 + Enhanced disability premium Automatically paid for being in the Support Group on Income related (couples rate £23.55) all figures are weekly amounts. Total amount £176.05.

You'll receive a decision letter with the amounts on it in the next few days, you need to take a look at this to see if there's any deductions being taken from your ESA.

Are you receiving any other benefits besides ESA? Is there any other household income, savings or capital?
  • ollieandduke
    Thanks poppy i definately will i knew that you would know
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome :)
  • ollieandduke
    Well ive received my first payment from income related payment esa with my husband put on it and ive been given £147 per week for both of us.
    Ive rang dwp again and have been told thats what i will be getting £294 per fortnight.
    Theres nothing been taken out  of my benefit that what a joint claim is for me and my husband in support group
  • poppy123456
    Does your partner claim carers allowance for looking after you? or do either of you claim this?
  • ollieandduke
    My hubby gets it for me

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.