Pip assessment copy - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment copy

Comments

• jesspet1
    jesspet1 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hayles have you received your report yet? As my assessor has mentioned everything, and put my score to be eligible for higher on both,  it’s dreadful that they’ve done this to you, I really hope it gets resolved 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    jesspet1 said:
    Yadnad, 0 points? It’s been suggested that Iv totalled 14 on mobility? Or do you mean you’ve reicived 0 points?
    Yes all three assessments reported 0 points - that is what the DWP then gave me.
  • hayles123
    hayles123 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Yes Jess I received it yesterday and it has information in there of the assessor witch states I need help bathing and dressing etc but then when she has marked the questions she has marked them all as answer (A) witch is scoring me 0.. I think the assessors seem to do what they want..
  • jesspet1
    That’s unbelievable, mine has pretty much the same needing help etc but Iv scored 20 points! How have they come to this decision, it’s dreadful!
  • hayles123
    It's ridiculous isn't it, not had my decision letter yet, I only had my assessment over a week ago and recieved my report just yesterday. I really hope that the decision maker looks at what the assessor has wrote and not what she has based my answers to the questions on but seems to be that the decision makers just look at what the assessors answers are.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    hayles123 said:
    Argh right ok thank you guys. I just really don't understand how the have scored me A in all the answers witch means I am capable of everything but in her paragraphs she has written there is evidence to say that I need help and prompting to do things, and when I done the pip test online I score at 14 for the daily living. I am going to ring and complain about the assessor 
    Are you sure you're reading it correctly? There should be boxes with dots or ticks next to them, it's these you need to look at and compare them against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hayles123
    Hi poppy yes they all have dots next to the answer (a) it just doesn't add up does it.. With the information I told my assessor about my difficulties, she has wrote them down but marred them all as if I'm ok in every way shape and form.
  • poppy123456
    If the decision goes with the report and it's rare to go against it then the MR request is the next step and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. You will of course need to wait for the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    You get the enhanced rate mobility if you are awarded 12 points or more then if you get 12 points on the daily living side also you would get the enhanced rate, it’s nice to hear a successful award rather than having to go to a tribunal like I did xx
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done on getting the enhanced rate of mobility, you can now use to the benefit to get more mobility into your life either a scooter or car if you drive.
  • poppy123456
    You need to wait for the decision before making plans.
  • jesspet1
    Iv phoned up today and they’ve still not come to a conclusion. Apparently they are at the end of November and I’m the 4th of dec ?! 

• hayles123
    I have rang dwp today and told them that my report doesn't add up with answers my assessor has ticked to the information she has written down in my report.. So the dwp have wrote in my file for the decision maker to see, so hopefully they will read my whole report and not just go off what the assessor has marked me at. I have also rang atos and told them that it doesn't add up and she is sending me a complaints pack out for me to fill in. I am not having assessors trying to do this to people.
  • jesspet1
    I think you’ve made the right choice with the complaint, it seems silly as I’m in a similar situation but they’ve given me the right points and my report is correct. 
    Let me know how you get on 
  • hayles123
    I think there seems to be the odd assessor that just does what the hell they want.. There is apparently a 6 week wait on to get a decision back..
  • jesspet1
    Yes, you do get the odd assessor that doesn’t really take in everything you’ve said. 
    Well I phoned today and they’ve mentioned there at the end of November’s applications and moving into December I was the 4th of dec so she said I should hear by next week? Fingers crossed
  • laceypeach
    laceypeach Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Can I also just ask, do you have to ring up and ask for a copy of your f2f assessment? Or do they just send it to you before your award letter or decision?
    Thanks guys x

• poppy123456
    You need to ring DWP and ask for them to send it to you but this is only if you live in the UK.
  • bi786
    bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    Hi can I ask what u was claiming pip for an did u send any evidance in
  • poppy123456
    bi786 said:
    Hi can I ask what u was claiming pip for an did u send any evidance in

You can't compare 2 people when it comes to claiming PIP because it's not awarded based on a diagnosis. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. All conditions affect people differently.

They very rarely contact anyone for evidence, the onus is on you to to prove you qualify not their's.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.