Awarded PIP for years , review scored 0 points ! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded PIP for years , review scored 0 points !

bcp268
bcp268 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Prior to  review :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression 
Greneral anxiety Disorder 
150mg Ventaflaxine Daily 
Daily living and mobility standard rate . 

Post Reveiw  :
Borderline Personality Disorder 
Depression
General Anxiety Disorder 
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 
300mg Venraflaxine Daily 
Zopiclone 3.5 mg ( due to be increased ) 
Psycology 

I received my “0 point “ award letter and sent back a mandatory reconsideration that returned with the same outcome . 
I intend to appeal , however I will not be able to attend the tribunal as I just couldn’t for a number of emotional reasons . 
Doea anyone have any advice ? Or been in the same situation that could offer me some support ? Many thanks 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bcp268 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions. Who advise and help new members who join.

In response to your question. I know many members of our community find it difficult to cope with. Attending assessments, tribunals.

Do you have a friend who can help on the day? Be in attendance and support you.

If you are unable to attend the hearing in person .  Then you can request what is known as a paper hearing. Where only written evidence is considered by the tribunal in private.

With out you or any support you may have present.

Hope that helps.

Have you spoken to CAB for advice and support.

Please also can I add there will be members of our team or community be able to advise you further. Might be in touch.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    If like me you are seeing a psychiatrist ask him to put you in touch with  the out patient  support office ,( it may be under a different name in other counties )
    They did all my paper work and took me to my appeal ,with the help they gave me I won ,
    Hope this helps 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.