PIP Timescale a bit long? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Timescale a bit long?

shelly440
shelly440 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, was just looking advise. The claim has been a bit strange from the beginning. I applied for my Husband on 4 October 2018. Posted it off on 23rd October. Husband had a Home Based Assessment on 22 November (Mental Health, Arthritis and Stroke). This was strange as he was in bed when the assessor arrived. I explained he had a bad night. I went up to the Kitchen when a few minutes later she followed me up. She said she seen all she needed to see and proceeded to ask me questions for 2 hours. I thought, ok, strange but whatever it is, it is. I told her on numerous occasions that I would take my husband up but she said No. Anyways, I rang a few weeks later to see if there was a decision and was informed that the assessor stated my husband was not available to do the assessment. Cutting a long story short, he had to have a second one done, which was a week ago today. That assessor advised me to make an appointment for my husband to attend the GP as she believed he has the onset of Dementia. Am I missing something here? Is the Timescale not a bit long? I also dont know what to take of the assessor telling me this at the door, albeit, I have made an appointment, and appreciate her professional opinion. He could not complete the mobility tests and was confused throughout the assessment. She told him that she did not think it was safe for him to carry out the mobility tests. I'm hoping that she was genuine and not just trying to trick me into thinking that we might actually get some help. Maybe I'm just being hopeful at this stage, as it has been quite a wait.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.