No payments yet? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No payments yet?

lesleyincity
lesleyincity Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had to appeal against PIP For the 3rd time since it changed from DLA 
my payment stopped last 8/4/18 
HM COURTS AND TRIBUNALS reached a decision on 9/1/9 in my favour for the enhanced rate daily living component.  

I have bipolar disorder and as part of this accumulated a lot of debt which led to bad credit. Due to losing my benefit I’ve had to rely on very high interest credit cards to get by after trying to rebuild my finances over twelve years. The stress has been so great I feared I would once again lose my mind and be sectioned. It’s been the most traumatic year in a long time. I never wanted to rely on credit cards again as I can easily lose control. 

The tribunal noted the the pip asssessor had superseded a previous decision awarding the enhanced rate to me. They note that the assessor has not shown grounds to do so. The tribunal determined that there was no grounds to supersede the previous decision as my condition has neither changed or improved.

surely I have reason to sue? On top of all this I’ve rang PIP twice now, last Monday I was told money should be in by end of the week. Today I was told the case worker has 28 working days to process my benefits! 

please can you help? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.