No payments yet? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No payments yet?

Options
lesleyincity
lesleyincity Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had to appeal against PIP For the 3rd time since it changed from DLA 
my payment stopped last 8/4/18 
HM COURTS AND TRIBUNALS reached a decision on 9/1/9 in my favour for the enhanced rate daily living component.  

I have bipolar disorder and as part of this accumulated a lot of debt which led to bad credit. Due to losing my benefit I’ve had to rely on very high interest credit cards to get by after trying to rebuild my finances over twelve years. The stress has been so great I feared I would once again lose my mind and be sectioned. It’s been the most traumatic year in a long time. I never wanted to rely on credit cards again as I can easily lose control. 

The tribunal noted the the pip asssessor had superseded a previous decision awarding the enhanced rate to me. They note that the assessor has not shown grounds to do so. The tribunal determined that there was no grounds to supersede the previous decision as my condition has neither changed or improved.

surely I have reason to sue? On top of all this I’ve rang PIP twice now, last Monday I was told money should be in by end of the week. Today I was told the case worker has 28 working days to process my benefits! 

please can you help? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lesleyincity

Good Evening it’s great to meet you tonight.

We have got some info on pip here on our community.

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&auth=OdCmUepX8Eu01lD6Q10Fhg&profile=_default&rank=1&query=Pip

Please please have a good look ? at this info please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you further with??
  • lesleyincity
    Options
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences and the impact it's had on you, @lesleyincity. How are you doing? Hopefully some of our community members will be able to share their thoughts.
  • lesleyincity
    Options
    Still awaiting my payment and back pay. It’s a disgrace how these pip assessors take our benefits from us. The judge quoted that had no reason to take it away as my circumstances has not changed with my bipolar. I just informed them of my hearing aids, hernia and diviticulitis! 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Still awaiting my payment and back pay. It’s a disgrace how these pip assessors take our benefits from us. The judge quoted that had no reason to take it away as my circumstances has not changed with my bipolar. I just informed them of my hearing aids, hernia and diviticulitis! 

The Tribunal was only on the 9th January, it can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money. DWP have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons, if they do request it they'll write to you.

Do be careful when reporting changes like that because it can be classed as a change of circumstances and another PIP2 form could be sent to you. There's no need to report changes unless it affects your current award and the points you received.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lesleyincity
    Options
    Yes that’s what happened I had to fill out the form all
    over again. 

They have no reason to
    not accept the judges decision as it states on the report from the hearing that the assessor had no right to take away my pip in the first place as my original circumstances had not changed 

just a waiting game now I’ve rang and they have 28 working days 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, if they do request the SOR and find an error in law they can appeal the decision. They have the same chance that we have. Hopefully this won't happen but as advised, it can take 8 weeks to receive backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • lesleyincity
    Options
    ?? 3rd week next week
    so let’s hope so! 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes that’s what happened I had to fill out the form all
    over again. 

They have no reason to
    not accept the judges decision as it states on the report from the hearing that the assessor had no right to take away my pip in the first place as my original circumstances had not changed 

just a waiting game now I’ve rang and they have 28 working days 
    Did the Tribunal realise that you asked the DWP to reassess you again following a change of circumstances?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    I had my PiP appeal  on the 14th Jan this year,
     Today PiP phoned me  (28th) and said they wanted to ask a few questions so they can get my back pay and payments started,
    it was basic questions , what date was my appeal and where it was held , then asked if I had been abroad for more than month since my back date date , and do I still have the have the same bank account.
    after that the lady said i will get a my letter within 5 to 7 days and I am in the payment system , at last nearly 1 year  and  its over , can breath again 
  • lesleyincity
    Options
    That’s good news. I had the same telephone call on Sunday! Counting the days for my back pay, overdraft, credit cards and catalogue bills to clear it’s been a nightmare with all the interest I’ve been paying 

it is such a relief though well done us!!!! 
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Great news
    Could you kindly tell me how long from the phone call did you receive mobmo as I had a call yesterday
    Thank you 
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Money I was suosuppo to write

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.