Award advice please! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Award advice please!

Options
jayellohh
jayellohh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there, my partner is a lower leg amputee. Before having his op in September 2018 he was previously on PIP standard rate of mobility. After his op we requested a new pip2 form and filled that in and sent it back regarding a change of circumstances, the dwp received it on the 2nd of October 2018. He had his f2f assesment at the end of November 2018 . My question is, is anyone else a lower leg amputee and has been awarded the enhanced rate of mobility? Also another question, I have checked the bank today and he's received £116.60 from PIP but it's been over 15 weeks now since we sent the form off and the dwp received it? Does a change of circumstances review get backdated to the date you signed the pip2 form or from the desicion? Thank you in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Usually from the date you reported the change of circumstances. Remember the 3 month rule. You must have had the condition for at least 3 month.

As there's money gone in, give them a ring and ask if a decision's been made. They open at 8. At the same time you can ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jayellohh
    jayellohh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    So does the 3 month rule mean that for the first three months after his amputation he wouldn't be entitled to anything? Sorry I do already know a desicion has been made as I called at the start of this week and they told me to wait for the letter to come in the post. And I have already had a copy of the healthcare report aswell. But thank you ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes, that's what it means.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.