ESA underpayments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA underpayments

johnt1965
johnt1965 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
i was on esa from 2014-16 and taken off this benifit following an assessment in 2016 which was carried out by atos how do i claim for under payment?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @johnt1965   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions. Who help and advise new members who join.

In response to your benefit enquiry. I do not know the answer. There will be members of our team or a member of our community be able to let you know.

Benefits are complex and confusing.

Have you spoken to CAB about your benefit enquiry. They have expertise and knowledge.

Please ask if we can help. Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @johnt1965, and a warm welcome to the community! 

From what others have said, DWP are contacting those affected by underpayments directly. So if you've been underpaid, they will reach out to you. Hope that helps!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The underpayments are mostly concerning those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. If you are one of those then you'll eventually be contacted by DWP and you'll be sent the ESA3 form to fill in and return.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • johnt1965
    johnt1965 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your comments very helpful

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.