ESA underpayments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA underpayments

johnt1965 Member Posts: 2 Listener
i was on esa from 2014-16 and taken off this benifit following an assessment in 2016 which was carried out by atos how do i claim for under payment?


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,389 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @johnt1965   Pleased to meet you welcome.

    Thank you for joining and sharing.

    I am one of the team of community champions. Who help and advise new members who join.

    In response to your benefit enquiry. I do not know the answer. There will be members of our team or a member of our community be able to let you know.

    Benefits are complex and confusing.

    Have you spoken to CAB about your benefit enquiry. They have expertise and knowledge.

    Please ask if we can help. Some one will know.

    Please take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @johnt1965, and a warm welcome to the community! 

    From what others have said, DWP are contacting those affected by underpayments directly. So if you've been underpaid, they will reach out to you. Hope that helps!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,407 Disability Gamechanger

    The underpayments are mostly concerning those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. If you are one of those then you'll eventually be contacted by DWP and you'll be sent the ESA3 form to fill in and return.
  • johnt1965
    johnt1965 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your comments very helpful


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.