How long for a pip decision - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a pip decision

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    This has been said many times before on here. Very few people claim PIP fraudulently.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    wizzwoz said:
    joyclyn said:
    I don't personally   I have suffered many years .on DLA  years now after pip  I got no points  iromic
    Hi joyclyn,sorry to read this its shamefull.im all for the ftf myself as anyone can milk a form thats why DWP chainged the way they do things.its these people who milk n lie about there condition and us genuine people with life lobg suffering suffer the most.
    But thats just bad that you got 0 points?
    I whent to a ftf and my Assessor was verry nice 
    When i receaved my report the HP contedicted them selves twice and lied when askinging me two questions about the awnsers i gave them.it seamed like they were supportive one minute n against me the next spellings were **** and some sentences did not make sence? but i got 12 on one part and 19 on the outher.
    But i read if people complain about the lies ect you loose your points or get it removed.
    Thats so rong 
    I hope u fight your case because u are entiteld to your money x
    The only way to receive an award is to meet the criteria of the descriptors, and this is what you need to concentrate on when requesting MR or appeal. Trying to refute an HCP opinions and misrepresentations will not help.
    Any request for a review of your claim can result in losing points or whole claim. The success rate at tribunal is far more successful than at MR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • phoeiblaze
    phoeiblaze Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited January 2019
    Hi all,

I'm 34 yrs old. I had my PIP f2f on Jan 14th. Received text on 16th Jan saying DWP had my report and will make decision within 6 weeks. I suffer from PTSD, EUPD, Anxiety, Depression, Iron deficiency Anemia, recently diagnosed with Mild Sleep Apnea and COPD (Non smoker). Have not worked since 2015. I am on Mirtazaphine 45mg daily each evening, amoxicillin daily  and am on 2 different inhalers i take in total 7 times daily. My f2f lasted maybe 30 mins (not good with time lengths due to depersonalisation and dissociation patterns). My accessor asked me maybe 10 questions I think which concentrated around every day life, mental state/mood swings, cooking and how i was in company of others as well as walking and travelling. From the first question she asked, which I cant remember, I burst into tears and cried throughout the whole f2f while trying to answer her questions. Hopefully I was able to give the necessary answers and will be awarded at least standard living rate. Nervous with regards to waiting and finding out results. 
  • poppy123456
    Hi all,

I'm 34 yrs old. I had my PIP f2f on Jan 14th. Received text on 16th Jan saying DWP had my report and will make decision within 6 weeks. I suffer from PTSD, EUPD, Anxiety, Depression, Iron deficiency Anemia, recently diagnosed with Mild Sleep Apnea and COPD (Non smoker). Have not worked since 2015. I am on Mirtazaphine 45mg daily each evening, amoxicillin daily  and am on 2 different inhalers i take in total 7 times daily. My f2f lasted maybe 30 mins (not good with time lengths due to depersonalisation and dissociation patterns). My accessor asked me maybe 10 questions I think which concentrated around every day life, mental state/mood swings, cooking and how i was in company of others as well as walking and travelling. From the first question she asked, which I cant remember, I burst into tears and cried throughout the whole f2f while trying to answer her questions. Hopefully I was able to give the necessary answers and will be awarded at least standard living rate. Nervous with regards to waiting and finding out results. 
    Hi,

Remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's now those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. It's also not about being able to work.

If you live in the UK you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. You'll be able to add compare those boxes with either dots or ticks next to them against to PIP descriptors to see what score has been recommended, if any.

Decision times vary depending on backlog in your area. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • phoeiblaze
    I'm iffy about asking for a report as I'll start worrying more. Afraid of what she's written etc. Even If she writes in my favor, I'll still worry the DM will deny my claim. Ugh, hope get a response soon lol. 
  • phoeiblaze
    So I requested the report last week and received it today. Wish I hadn't. I'm in such a rage over the foolishness I read. Some of the stuff on it I hadn't said and although I spent the full f2f in tears, to her I was tearful at times but appeared calm. She noted I used my inhalers for sleep apnea instead of copd. Ugh, I wish I could smack her. I only count 2 points overall. Guess I wont be getting PIP. 
  • poppy123456
    So I requested the report last week and received it today. Wish I hadn't. I'm in such a rage over the foolishness I read. Some of the stuff on it I hadn't said and although I spent the full f2f in tears, to her I was tearful at times but appeared calm. She noted I used my inhalers for sleep apnea instead of copd. Ugh, I wish I could smack her. I only count 2 points overall. Guess I wont be getting PIP. 
    Hi,

They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against it. Once a decision is made you'll have 1 month to request the MR then Tribunal if that fails.

For the MR you should put it in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.
  • wizzwoz
    wizzwoz Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi i also was angry on some of my report too.
    Fabricated twice and contedictions twice n some did not make any sence spelling was **** too no better than mine
    But they need to know how your dissibility affects you and if you did not awnser all there questions they cant write anything so they have to go on visual report
    Get your MR asap try to stay strong you will get it in the end half of these assessors are rushed and only have 4 weeks training n told what to do if peoples ftf dont go well
    My assessment lasted 22 minutes.n i got it by 1 point 
  • phoeiblaze
    wizzwoz said:
    Hi i also was angry on some of my report too.
    Fabricated twice and contedictions twice n some did not make any sence spelling was **** too no better than mine
    But they need to know how your dissibility affects you and if you did not awnser all there questions they cant write anything so they have to go on visual report
    Get your MR asap try to stay strong you will get it in the end half of these assessors are rushed and only have 4 weeks training n told what to do if peoples ftf dont go well
    My assessment lasted 22 minutes.n i got it by 1 point 
    Ok, so I'll request an MR and get assistance this time with writing it as I have difficulty putting stuff in words and forget stuff once I get stressed (which is what happened). Waiting for decision letter now. 

Thanks for advice. 
  • poppy123456
    You can't request the MR until a decision is made. https://advicelocal.uk/

• phoeiblaze
    edited January 2019
    You can't request the MR until a decision is made. https://advicelocal.uk/

Yes I know. Thats why I'm waiting for the decision letter. ☺
  • Rosiepie
    Rosiepie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    The claim starts from you requesting the PIP form I was told. My daughters claim started on Aug 2nd 18...we are still waiting for the decision letter Feb 17th 19....the whole thing is a farce...will be nearly 7 months then they don't pay it for another month on top.
  • poppy123456
    Rosiepie said:
    The claim starts from you requesting the PIP form I was told. My daughters claim started on Aug 2nd 18...we are still waiting for the decision letter Feb 17th 19....the whole thing is a farce...will be nearly 7 months then they don't pay it for another month on top.
    If transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money, even if the PIP award is higher than the DLA award was. If it's a new claim and there wasn't a DLA award then it's backdated to the date you rang to start the claim of, if successful.

7 months is average waiting time in a lot of areas. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision is delayed.

If it's a new claim from PIP and not a transfer from DLA and the award is successful, the backdated money will be received 3-4 days after a decision is made, usually they pay the money once the decision is made. There's no waiting for another month.

If it's a transfer from DLA then this is paid for a further 4 weeks after a decision is made and then PIP starts 3 weeks after that.
  • Rosiepie
    Rosiepie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    We are transferring. Looks like my daughter will be getting higher rate. The difference is over 200 a month and obviously wont be backdated.
  • Guardian9622
    Guardian9622 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Had my f2f in Dec 2018, then asked for a copy of the report 3 weeks later. Assessor has awarded Enhanced for both Daily Living AND Mobility components. Still waiting on DM letter and its now been 10 weeks :( 
  • poppy123456
    Had my f2f in Dec 2018, then asked for a copy of the report 3 weeks later. Assessor has awarded Enhanced for both Daily Living AND Mobility components. Still waiting on DM letter and its now been 10 weeks :( 
    The assessor doesn't award anything, only a decision maker can do that. What's written in the report is just a recommendation, although they do usually go with that report. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
  • Guardian9622
    Guardian9622 Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, yes I meant she had "recommended" enhanced on both. Already had enhanced Daily component, was just trying to access mobility side of it. HOPEFULLY they use her report for the award decision :/ 
    This claim began June 2018 to get this far . . .
  • kel090
    kel090 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Can any one tell me how long it takes to get a decision i received a letter 9 days ago saying they have all the information they need.  Does it take long after receiving that letter  
  • Nools
    Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    I think it varies significantly from place to place. I had my f2f two weeks ago and have just received my award letter today.
  • phoeiblaze
    kel090 said:
    Can any one tell me how long it takes to get a decision i received a letter 9 days ago saying they have all the information they need.  Does it take long after receiving that letter  
    I went in for f2f on 14 jan... decision letter made on 23rd jan...letter received in mail few days later. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.