SDP and Universal Credit Gateway Conditions ... - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SDP and Universal Credit Gateway Conditions ...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Your right appolo I'm new to all this haveing worked all my life but all the accounts of people as opened my eyes when your at a low ebb they want to keep kicking don't they I've had issues with penile cancer and was assessed by a young girl how could she possibly no whet that entails and it seems quite a lot of people who work for the Dwp are frankly very rude and condescending arnt they . Tc 
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Hi Apollo,
                    Are you telling me youv'e been refused Housing Benefit even though
    the new Gateway condition has kicked in ? You receive SDP AND OLD LEGACY BENEFITS ,SURELY SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    I have requested an ANYTIME REVISION on my Housing Benefit with my local council.I have applied for Housing Benefit after the Gateway Condition has come into force on the 16/01/2019
    I will let you all know how I get on 
    I have the CAB looking into the whole matter
  • [Deleted User]
  • livonia
    livonia Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    my application went in on the 17th so i am waiting for a reply my council are three weeks behind i think processing. its all submitted on line.   i didn't ask them to pay directly as i was worried it would get complicated as i am paying the rent there will be some owed back to me out of the award but i could ask after its been decided i suppose.  

pleased you have this all sorted - well one stage of it for yourself.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @teejays1617, I'm really glad to see you've had some support from our community members with this, and I'm truly sorry to hear about the impact it's had on your mental health.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Glad to see you have CAB involved, and please keep us updated.

• teejays1617
    Hi Apollo ,Tressell ,Poppy and al fellow readers and al staff at Scope
    I have had word from my local council that Housing Benefit will be awarded from the 20th of January 2019.I am pleased.,but I am not pleased with a letter from the council saying I have not shown good enough continuous reason to backdate my claim back to Feb 2018 . What they are really saying is its my fault I had no help with my rent because I refused to join Universal Credit last year.I said to the council," If I had of joined Universal Credit last year I would have lost my SDP part of my benefit resulting in greater losses amounting to over £400 @ month"
    I have requested an ANYTIME REVISION on my Housing Benefit since last 
    March . I am not afraid of going to a tribunal or court with or without lawyers to fight for JUSTICE. I will never give up and SCOPE givesus a great platform to share all our views were we can all help each other
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    I forgot to say that I had to borrow thousands of pounds last year from loan sharks and friends to be able to survive to pay my rent and buy vital food.I have to pay 
    all this back or go bankrupt .
    Unless a miracle happens and the council award a backpayment. But the arguement continues the Council want to blame us when in real fact its the Council and Government and DWP that need to own up that Disabled have been put through HELL especially this last year
  • [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    Apollo you are totally right. This government promised that no one on legacy benefits would be worse off under Universal Credit but YES they have LIED.
    MANY THOUSANDS OF POOR DISABLED PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE OFF and now the government tries to make only PART AMENDS
    Our issue will not go away .We had to PAY FULL RENT otherwise we would have lost our SDP and EHP element of our benefits. 
    We deserve compensation from either the local councils or DWP or the government itself.
    The   ORCHESTRATOR of this DESTRUCTION of the legacy benefits is no other
    than IAIN DUNCAN SMITH . 
    Human Right lawyers should prosecute him for persecution and discrimination towards not only disabled people but against all people on benefits.
    Words fail me for the SHAMEFUL AND DISGUSTING ways in which we have all be treated.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2019
  • livonia
    livonia Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
    Success! Just had my HB award letter first payment on Tuesday 
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news for all those now claiming HB again!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.