fit notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

fit notes

veryconfused
veryconfused Community member Posts: 34 Connected
hi all,recently been placed in support group.do I still have to send fit notes in?..thanks in advance

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. No, no more fit notes needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • veryconfused
    hi poppy,thanks for replying,its just that its just over a year now and they have always wanted them in the past??even written to say when the note expires?
  • fredjr
    fredjr Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi I'll be having a nice drink now if I was you, nice one, mostly doom and gloom lol
  • poppy123456
    I just looked at your other thread from October and you asked the same question then. Did you contact DWP like you were advised to?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • veryconfused
    I didn't polly just had another assessment an am back in the support group,but not sure vabout the note issue..i get very anxious if I have to ring them
  • poppy123456
    You don't need to send in any sick/fit notes now or before you were re-assessed. I'm not sure why you're still receiving the reminder letters. They have most likely not turned off the sick note reminders on the computer.
  • veryconfused
    I do hope so polly do you think that's what it is? as its very worrying when they arrive
  • poppy123456
    I can only guess what's causing the letters to be sent but letters are automatically sent by the computer. I've been in the Support group fro 6 years and have never sent in a sick note the whole time. Once you're placed into either of the groups, no more sick notes are needed.
  • veryconfused
    :)   I know I should call them,think I will have to drum up the courage,thanks for the help poppy
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, you really should because the computer will continue to automatically send them unless someone changes it. I know easier said than done for some. Maybe someone can call for you but you'll need to go through security.
  • veryconfused
    will call them myself poppy as am on my own..10minutes of stress has to be better than 10months lol,as long as this is right...many thanks poppy
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    You're welcome. I totally agree. I really wouldn't give you incorrect advice, i promise. As i said, i claim ESA myself and i'm also in the Support Group and never send in any sick notes.
  • veryconfused
    :) hi poppy,i called them today and as you rightly said they do not need notes to be sent in...really do appreciate yor help in this matter..many thanks have a great day

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.