Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

fit notes

hi all,recently been placed in support group.do I still have to send fit notes in?..thanks in advance

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. No, no more fit notes needed.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • veryconfusedveryconfused Member Posts: 34 Connected
    hi poppy,thanks for replying,its just that its just over a year now and they have always wanted them in the past??even written to say when the note expires?
  • fredjrfredjr Member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi I'll be having a nice drink now if I was you, nice one, mostly doom and gloom lol
    I just looked at your other thread from October and you asked the same question then. Did you contact DWP like you were advised to?

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I didn't polly just had another assessment an am back in the support group,but not sure vabout the note issue..i get very anxious if I have to ring them
    You don't need to send in any sick/fit notes now or before you were re-assessed. I'm not sure why you're still receiving the reminder letters. They have most likely not turned off the sick note reminders on the computer.
    I do hope so polly do you think that's what it is? as its very worrying when they arrive
    I can only guess what's causing the letters to be sent but letters are automatically sent by the computer. I've been in the Support group fro 6 years and have never sent in a sick note the whole time. Once you're placed into either of the groups, no more sick notes are needed.
    :)   I know I should call them,think I will have to drum up the courage,thanks for the help poppy
    You're welcome. Yes, you really should because the computer will continue to automatically send them unless someone changes it. I know easier said than done for some. Maybe someone can call for you but you'll need to go through security.
    will call them myself poppy as am on my own..10minutes of stress has to be better than 10months lol,as long as this is right...many thanks poppy
    edited January 2019
    You're welcome. I totally agree. I really wouldn't give you incorrect advice, i promise. As i said, i claim ESA myself and i'm also in the Support Group and never send in any sick notes.
    :) hi poppy,i called them today and as you rightly said they do not need notes to be sent in...really do appreciate yor help in this matter..many thanks have a great day
Sign in or join us to comment.