PIP Assessor lied in assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessor lied in assessment

Comments

• Serendipity77
    Serendipity77 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    @apollo14lmp

our GP is so busy he actually says “only one problem per appointment). Also once your over 60 they sort of fob you off. Apart from painkillers and antibiotics they try to avoid referring to other services. 

I pay privately for alternative therapies for my dad. I do not have the time or strength to battle with the doctors.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • samantha21
    samantha21 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    In answer to apollo14lmp.  Thank-you for advice to report the assessor, I have basically looked at the NMC website and have the read the professionals Code of how they should and should not behave if they are registered with the NMC. In my opinion my assessor broke many parts of her code and was actually incompetent.

Dress code is not in her competence for the NMC but she was dressed really unprofessional at the f2f.  I do not like to judge people myself but from the minute she called me into the room I had a complete gut reaction that did not bode well.

She was wearing 3 inch stiletto high heels and a skirt one and a half inches above the knee, her eyelashes were caked in mascara and if she was a nurse representing her profession then heaven help the NHS. Sorry to be judgemental but how unprofessional.  
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Why on earth would someone collect their medication and then bin it? :o
    Many people collect their meds but never actually take them. Maybe they don't like the side effects and are too worried to tell the GP so go along with what the GP expects. There are also those that simply use their repeat prescriptions to demonstrate to the DWP at a later date that they are on so many tabs and medicine that they are at death's door. I am aware of at least one of the latter who finds it extremely difficult in disposing of their meds every month. 

• [Deleted User]
  • samantha21
    Poppy who said why would someone collect their medication then bin it.

I would imagine that the person who done that had too many side effects and was distressed they were feeling so bad. The answer is go back to G.P and get meds adjusted to suitable dosage. It can be depressing to find yourself on a lot of meds, perhaps it is best to ask for other therapies that can be beneficial after all being on too much meds long term does not help liver kidneys etc, even my consultant told me that and sent me off to pain management for their view on things. 
  • Yadnad
    edited January 2019
    God .... i need mine not tolerant of a med i get it changed with my GP
    Meds have saved my life hard to take all the time on time...
    Without beta blockers amlodipine bisoprolol
    Losartan would defo be wiped out ...

The individual I mentioned in my post above is supposed to take the maximum dosage of a particular anti depressant, and enough pain relief medication including morphine etc that could well sink a battleship.

In reality the individual now has little pain due to an improvement in his health, his mobility is far better than mine yet he recently received a review award of his PIP for another 5 years - Enhanced mobility/Standard care.

When asked why he does it and if he is worried about being caught he just says because he can. He briefly explained that he doesn't lie? but remembers how he was years ago when he was ill and disabled. and continues to repeat the same story/claim each time obviously backed up with an up to date repeat prescription list.

• tedw
    tedw Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have mobility problems due to osteoarthritus and osteoporosis , all my discs are herniated and I have been diagnosed with spinal cord stenosis.I had full mobility dla prior to PIP and I have a mobility scooter. I told them that when I walk IN town, I cannot walk far even with 2 sticks very far and certainly  nowhere near 20 metres in a minute. According to their report...I walk TO town....They must be joking! That's what made me so angry.I'm on morphine twice a day plus other stuff.Do they think I take it for a laugh????
  • shell73
    shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Just a question about assessors at the f2f what if you realise the nurse which assessed you actually knows you and you know she doesn't get on with family then when report comes you have most of your award taken of you only realised when she got report back with name on all lies obs what was wrote in report .
  • [Deleted User]
  • shell73
    shell73 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    It's my daughter not me and I thought that she shouldn't of examined her cause she would of known she knew her I said to give the dwp a ring a ask to be assessed by someone else as she's taken her mobility of her and reduced her to standered care the dwp went with everything she said 
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    A few have been sacked for misconduct  .. im just reporting them for being liars that most of them are ....
    That's not exactly true. A lot of people have good reports with no contradictions etc, the problem is we don't often hear the good stories. Believe it or not there are some nice HCPs out there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Yadnad
    edited January 2019
    I can only speak as i find .. each one i have met lied about me.
    Made stupid comments like opened a bag with meds and give me them .. to justify their bad opinion....
    Tribunals 70 % + awards given as they know the assessors are little more than paid liars 
    If these people were worth their salt would be working on Nhs n ambulances rather than screwing sick people will beg to differ in this one sorry
    Personally I wouldn't give them the time of day - as for liars they don't even get off the ground floor!

Some of the best and most accomplished liars that I have had the misfortune to come across are professionals - solicitors, accountants, bank managers etc not forgetting quite a few of my colleagues who sit as councillors - even one or two who actually have a gong!
  • samantha21
    Hi All,
    I hope everyone is reasonably well today. This is just a check in with you guys and mostly an answer to ilovecats. I did say my assessor was incompetent and apart from what I have already said here is a bit more, I have long term chronic back problems,  spondylosis of spine, sciatica which touches root nerve in leg injured knee which has now got arthritis in and so walking is a little bit difficult.

The assessor asked me to do a little bit of physical tests so okay I will do what I can if I cannot then I will say so. The so called health professional (although I would actually call her something else) asked me to bend my knees and crouch to the floor. I declined, at least she wrote declined to do this. Also without me getting up from chair she asked me to lift foot slightly off floor, I done that. So okay in physical tests she said she performed tests on left hand, considering I had to wear my left hand brace that day to support pain it fits all around my thumb and then fingers and reaches up as far as two inches over wrist the inside of it is moulded like a splint making it impossible to move anything at all around the hand, that is why I could not even drive to centre that day and got a taxi. I even told her you can touch right hand but you are not touching the left hand so she left it. The lies these people write are appalling does anyone know if those assessment rooms have cameras in although if anything actually got to court then we know that the PIP centre would conveniently lose the tapes for that day.

I do not like to complain about health professionals as the NHS staff that have treated me over the years are second to none and what they do for the pay they receive is all wrong, they should start paying basic nurses the rates that the damn Atos/Capita assessors get then PIP would have no assessors working for them.

Sorry to disagree with some that these people are good assessors but that is my experience.

As for the whole PIP process my daughter is fed up hearing about it and she has told me that she is phoning them up to tell them shove it where the sun does not shine. I have talked her out of that but she is fed up of me being upset.

Enjoy your day all.
  • samantha21
    Hi ilovecats, 
    I understand what you are saying about Apollo reporting the grievances to the HCPC.  Although if  Apollo has concerns then certainly that is a good thing to do. I cannot report my concerns to HCPC as my professional is not with them she will come under the NMC who are her regulatory body.
    I am also reporting the HCP to Atos although something I already reported to them and asked for the complaints form they just told me that silly minor things are irrelevant and the DWP will just laugh, so I cannot see Atos taking any notice whatsoever about complaints.
    That is why i asked does anybody know if there are any cameras in those PIP centers.

Enjoy your day.
  • [Deleted User]
  • samantha21
    I  sort of guessed that cameras in the PIP centres are used for observations about claimants.
    If the regulatory body asked for any CCTV@camera footage to be used in any evidence would any be available they cannot lie about CCTV if they have some.

The government want to remove as many claimants as they can such draconian measures when will the voice of disabled claimants ever be listened to?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.