Hi, my name is Ghosty01! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ghosty01!

Ghosty01
Ghosty01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello I'm just joining your community I have autistic spectrum disorder type 1 bipolar affective disorder and anxiety problems. Life's pretty tough at present as my brother just committed suicide. It's hard to cope with feelings I know over time I will learn to live with his loss but it's hard.

Comments

• Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    It is never easy to lose a sibling, I lost both of mine but neither of them were by suicide, I just wanted you to know you're not alone even though it may feel like it, that's how I felt when my brother and sister died 8 years apart and before both my parents, now I am alone xx hugs
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ghosty01 welcome to the community! 

So sorry to hear what has happened. Are you receiving any emotional support?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ghosty01, and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, that must have been devastating. Please do let us know if we can be of any assistance, and our community members are always here to listen if you want to get things off your chest. Cruse Bereavement Care also have a great helpline if you'd like to speak to a professional on the phone:

The helpline is open Monday-Friday 9.30-5pm (excluding bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, when we’re open until 8pm.

The number is 0808 808 1677​

Brightness