Advice on Carer Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on Carer Allowance

affii1993
affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
recently won my tribunal and will be back dates from feb 2018 now I have two Carer due to two children under 5 and parnter needs to work aswel, so my Carer who is my Aunty has moved from Italy in 2017 June/July since then she’s been looking after me we pay for al the food she cooks and her travel costs, my question is since she been living in the uk only for 2 and half years when can I apply for Carers allowance, the the Carer team said she needs to live at least 2/3 years in uk am confused, I wanted to apply for feb 2018 for Carer allowance and we have never applied before so any advice as I am new about this CA and also she doesn’t work has a child under 5 she gets children benefit tax and housing partially due her husband working? So what help can she get for looking after me and my kids 
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You need to get some expert advice with this from your local advice centre. You yourself won't be able to claim the carers allowance for her, your Aunt will claim it for herself, she needs to satisfy UK presence and residence conditions to be entitled to claim it. There could well be problems claiming it from Feb 2018 as she would have only have been in the UK for 7 months at that time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • affii1993
    @poppy123456 sorry my bad she moved in uk 2016 june/july not 2017
  • poppy123456
    It's possible she may still need to prove residence conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • affii1993
    @poppy123456 yeh she has prove, shes got the card to stay in uk she ged all other benefits
  • poppy123456
    All she can do is apply and wait for a decision. Applying online is the quickest way.
  • affii1993
    @poppy123456 do you think she will
  • poppy123456
    If you mean do i think she'll be successful? I really have no idea, sorry.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.