Pip successful — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip successful

minniemoo
minniemoo Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
hi I was just enquiring if anyone had been in this position. I was successful at my pip appeal last week I basically have been awarded with just suffienient points to recieved enhanced on both parts I previously was awarded enhanced on both parts then at renewal list my award hence having to appeal. My points have been dropped dramatically but as mentioned enough to still be awarded through appeal there was no mention of my anxiety or not being able to travel or leave home alone via the panel or judge should I leave well alone or mention this as I’m thinking ahead when my claim due again sorry if this sounds all mixed up I’m worrying and my anxiety is really bad today Thankyou 

Comments

• stree
    stree Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I would lead well alone, you could not get more award but do risk losing the lot(It does happen!)
    No point being pedantic about lack of perfection in the descriptors to such an extent that it could actually do you mischief.
  • minniemoo
    Thankyou I thought this but I was basically worrying and next time why I never picked up on this @stree ?
  • stree
    It`s OK, this benefit thing can play havoc with our common sense sometimes!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree to leave well alone. You also can't appeal a Tribunal decision unless there's an error in law and to do this you'll first need to request the statement of reasons and record or proceedings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Tribunals deal with one category at a time.  Once you are over the limits to qualify for enhanced they don't consider the other categories for lack of time.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Leave well alone if you got the award points that gave you the award that you wanted, deserved then cross that bridge at your next acessment no need to rock the boat and try to get extra points when you don’t need them.
  • minniemoo
  • minniemoo
    Thankyou @stree @poppy @Matilda I really appreciate you taking the time to reply I feel better now ?
  • stree
    Glad to help, we are all here to help each other
  • Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Mine was the same and due to obsessive thoughts and things having to be done properly I read my award notice once and can't look at it again as it annoys me. I have esophageal dysmotility which means I can't swallow properly as so choke and eventually will need surgery, so I have to follow a prescribed soft food diet and have supervision to take nutrition. I also have to use those ugly grey handled forks that my OT provided which classes as an aid or appliance to eat. I scored points on the alliance but not supervision. A few other mistakes like my medication is dispensed in booklet form which is in my care plan and I also have a pill popper and dosette box for random things like antibiotics when I need them, which was all prescribed to me. I scored nothing for this... but the extra points wouldn't mean a change to the award. I just feel like if should be documented properly as next time those points might matter, but bringing it up with DWP would probably just mean them revising the whole award so I didn't bother x
  • minniemoo
    Hi yes you have just explained probably better than I did that’s why I was concerned but I suppose better left alone as advised ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.