What's the best way to get tribunal medical evidence without a charge? — Scope | Disability forum

What's the best way to get tribunal medical evidence without a charge?

evertongirlie69 Member Posts: 1 Listener
What’s the best way to get medical evidence, I’m only under my Drs & they charge £50 for any letters of support, I need this as I’m going to tribunal regarding esa. Thanks everyone.


  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @evertongirlie69, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be in touch and able to offer some suggestions.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,615 Disability Gamechanger

    A letter from a GP isn't the best evidence to send because they have no idea how your conditions affect you, unless you tell them.

    You can request your medical records and this is free to receive digital copies of those. If you need anything printed then you'll need to pay. A written diary by yourself of how your conditions affect you and your ability to do any type of work. i'm assuming this is for ESA as you've posted in that part of the forum.

    Tribunal waiting times are huge and a lot of areas have backlogs of about a year. If you've only recently requested the Tribunal then you'll have plenty of time to send the evidence.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.