My neurologist advises DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My neurologist advises DWP

Tommytrouble1
Tommytrouble1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone I'm Tommy I was diagnosed with Parkinson's 3 years ago and I'm also a carer for my wife.
After a year of not responding to Parkinson's medication my neurologist changed his diagnosis firstly to " I don't know " then to maybe it's FND.
He then sent me to another consultant who said in writing it looks like FND.
None of which I can put on an ESA or pip claim so I'm currently receiving the grand sum of £23 carer's allowance.
My symptoms are severe tremor in the right leg when standing which eases when walking but is painful.
My left hand cannot close to a fist and I have terrible insomnia and vivid dreams when I do sleep.
I googled my new neurologist only to see that he is also an advisor to the DWP.
Could this possibly be the reason for the frankly vague diagnosis that I've been given .
Maybe the government changed tack and went down the NHS route after losing to Parkinson's UK in a court and not having people with the condition sent for more than one assessment as it is a degenerative condition and can only get worse.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist imI just stating the facts as I see them .
What do you think? 
Thanks for reading.
Tommy ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tommytrouble1 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

Sorry what you are going through.  There will be members of community who can identify with your health issues.

They might be in touch.  

We as a community are not medical professionals and can not give any medical advice.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Tommytrouble1
    Thanks thespiceman
    for your welcome.
    Right now I'm in my cot after taking my pain meds as six weeks ago I had one of my many falls and today was told by my GP that I have fractured my spine and he is arranging a MRI for me.
    I've had a paramedic out and told my neurologist since then about the pain I was in but to no avail.
    Still mustn't grumble eh? at least I'll get that sorted out now..
    Tommy ??
  • Tommytrouble1
    Could anyone tell how to put the scope logo on my phone,s home screen for easier access to the forum .
    Tommy ?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tommytrouble1 Thanks for reply and sorry to hear your in pain.

Also your accident I hope we can be supportive with anything you wish to ask.

I understand about the misdiagnosis of conditions as well illness. Got a genetic disorder only found out twenty plus years ago.

Up till then was something else.  In one Doctors opinion and other certain influences.  

One aspect of not knowing what condition you have is the frustration, annoyance. 

I am aware of the whole world wide web and Dr Google.  Something to consider.

Looking for answers and additional support might be something to look at.  Do your own research guidance.

I have a very understanding Doctor so discussing alternative to either having meds or looking at dietary requirements. To ease my mental health issues or physical wellbeing.

Hence my username.

Many community members are like yourself. As I have stated. I can only offer what support and advice I think you should know.

As for SCOPE logo do not know how to apply that. I use my email sign in . On my notepad a lot easier.

Hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness