I have an 8 year old child with SEN — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have an 8 year old child with SEN

joannacollins
joannacollins Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in Education
I’m having difficulties with LA for reassessment of my child to finalise my 8 year old child’s EHCP in order to name school. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joannacollins, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, I hope our community members can advise. I wonder if @Geoark could offer any guidance here? 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @joannacollins and welcome to the community.

Can I just confirm that the difficulties you are having is around the naming of the school that could best meet your child's needs? If so you might find this link useful: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/choosing-a-schoolcollege-with-an-ehc-plan

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Courageous
    Hi @joannacollins

Sorry hear you've been experiencing difficulties with the Local Authority and the EHCP, it can be such a minefield getting the right support for Additional Learning Needs in education. I hope you've been able to make some progress.

I wondered if this may be of interest to you. Scope have recently launched a new service called Navigate. Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents of a child with a disability with emotional and practical support and help them navigate these early stages; part of this is the child's education.

If you think this may be something that could benefit you please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510

Best Wishes.

Brightness