I have an 8 year old child with SEN — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have an 8 year old child with SEN

joannacollins
joannacollins Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in Education
I’m having difficulties with LA for reassessment of my child to finalise my 8 year old child’s EHCP in order to name school. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joannacollins, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, I hope our community members can advise. I wonder if @Geoark could offer any guidance here? 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @joannacollins and welcome to the community.

Can I just confirm that the difficulties you are having is around the naming of the school that could best meet your child's needs? If so you might find this link useful: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/choosing-a-schoolcollege-with-an-ehc-plan

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Courageous
    Hi @joannacollins

Sorry hear you've been experiencing difficulties with the Local Authority and the EHCP, it can be such a minefield getting the right support for Additional Learning Needs in education. I hope you've been able to make some progress.

I wondered if this may be of interest to you. Scope have recently launched a new service called Navigate. Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis or have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability (within 12 months). The aim is to provide parents of a child with a disability with emotional and practical support and help them navigate these early stages; part of this is the child's education.

If you think this may be something that could benefit you please visit https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or call 0808 801 0510

Best Wishes.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.